Head of Commercial Finance and FP&A
A SME financial services business, who are shaping the market, is looking for a Head of Commercial Finance and FP&A to be part of an exciting and compelling digital proposition. This is a unique opportunity for a proven finance leader to really put their stamp on a business that has all the building blocks to become a digital market leader.
Whilst establishing and building a team and a best in class finance function, you will never lose sight of the customer and what the business was established to deliver. Your belief that a disruptive organisation full of talented people can make a difference will be infectious and as much of a benefit to the business as your financial and commercial acumen.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer you will be responsible for providing analysis on the retail market, products and financials for management decision making. You will take ownership for all modelling activities for the strategic forecasts and budget for the business. To be considered for this role, you must be a prime enabler to shape the business strategy to ensure that the financial control and analysis are robust.
- Actively maintain and manage the budgeting and forecasting process and provide challenges where necessary
- Responsible for setting the framework for product pricing and returns, in effect, to help drive the business to implement new ideas and plans to achieve budgets and deliverables
- Directly accountable for the delivery of the business plan and work collaboratively with other teams to deliver these plans
- Continually support the implementation of a finance framework for business reporting
- Effectively partnering with business units to help shape business decisions
- Ownership of support for key business projects and decision making
- Providing insight and recommendations to help improve and challenge the cost base of the business
- Qualified Accountant likely to have significant PQE (Financial services required, Banking is advantageous)
- Strong knowledge of reporting, budgeting and forecasting principles
- Advanced modelling including advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- Ability to build trusting relationships across the business
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships and experience business partnering
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst working accurately with attention to detail