Application Software Development Director - Executive Board Role
A superb and unique opportunity to lead a world class development function for a business that specialise in providing mortgage sourcing, electronic mortgage transmission, point of sale/back office support, websites, lead generation plug-ins and apps.
Application Software Development Director. Executive Board Role
Mortgage Brain provides Mortgage Professionals with the very best technology to support their business. We specialise in providing mortgage sourcing, electronic mortgage transmission, point of sale/back office support, websites, lead generation plug-ins and apps.
Mortgage Brain delivers real and tangible benefits to our customers resulting in our success as a company. Time and again, we have inspired the market through new product innovation such as our apps, 'UKMortgages' and more recently with our new online sourcing software solution, 'MortgageBrain Anywhere'.
- As a member of the Executive Board, input into the future strategic direction of the business, taking into account the full range of internal and external factors.
- Ensure that strategies in own functional areas are aligned with the overall organisational strategy so as to fully support the delivery of organisational goals
- Keep the Board fully informed and advised as to matters within own functional area which may affect the delivery of organisational goals
- Help shape the future direction of Mortgage Brain, including its business strategy and corporate plan
- Provide thought leadership around the development of new propositions, services and products; in particular ensuring that they are designed to meet client needs, whilst ensuring an appropriate balance between standard and bespoke approaches
- Develop and evolve the IT strategy and roadmap for Mortgage Brain's main software products
- Be responsible for the delivery of high quality software products in accordance with the strategy and roadmap
- Maintain, grow and nurture a highly motivated and high calibre software development team capable of delivering the requirements of the business
- Responsible for IT security in Mortgage Brain's products, including the hosting of these where appropriate
- Be responsible for the continued development of Mortgage Brain's customer administration and billing system, and mortgage product database and associated systems, to ensure that they meet the evolving needs of the business
- Be responsible (with all other board members) for strategically driving the business forward in line with its long term aims
- Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
- WCF web services, RESTful APIs
- XML, JSON
- .Net, .Net Core, ASP .Net, MVC
- SQL Server
Application Software Development Director. Executive Board Role:
- Experience and Knowledge
- An experienced professional capable of dealing with the demands of running a high performance software development department.
- Professional background in Software development, preferably with some close exposure to the Microsoft stack
- Sufficient technical knowledge, particularly within a Microsoft development environment, to gain and maintain the respect of the development team, to help resolve complex issues, to partake in difficult decision making and to be able to set the technical strategy effectively
- Previous experience in leading and providing management and guidance to a technology team. Able to build excellent relationships within the team, trusting them to deliver, challenging when necessary and providing support where required
- A broad understanding of IT systems, applications and operating systems and associated architecture across the spectrum of existing and emerging technology.
- Comfortable discussing and challenging ideas and strategies, with the gravitas to influence the leadership team and Board of Directors accordingly.
- An ability to examine and translate business vision into a cohesive strategy that maximises the use of existing systems architecture as well as introducing new architectures when needed.
- An ability to motivate the team, winning hearts and minds and ensuring everyone is working to the best of their ability.
- Role model leadership qualities, taking responsibility, setting vision and working in partnership with others to achieve objectives.
- The ability to lead, inspire, motivate and develop team members to ensure staff feel positively engaged and supported.
- Capable of coaching and developing individual team members, particularly those with staff management responsibilities, to grow capability and capacity in the team
- Able to detail and articulate future plans and strategies and link these to the company vision
- To have a product mind set and think of technology as a product delivering a solution to a wide range of customers rather than just the requirements that have been requested
- Capable of communicating complex technical problems, strategies and solutions to a non-technical audience
- Confident and articulate with well-developed verbal and written communication skills. Able to clearly explain commercial and technical concepts at all levels and produce appropriate supporting documentation
In return you will be offered an excellent compensation package with superb benefits and incentives. All industry backgrounds are encouraged to apply. CVs are being reviewed as we speak, please do not hesitate to reach out to have a confidential discussion.