Director of Finance
Our client has developed a cutting-edge technology platform that transforms control of energy assets in a highly secure and scalable way. They have undergone two extremely successful fundraising rounds, including a major investment/partnership with a leading global FTSE energy corporate and although still at a relatively early stage already have global blue-chip corporations on board. They are thus now poised for exponential growth. As part of their plans, they are looking to recruit a new Director of Finance to oversee the entire finance function and manage the team. Reporting to the COO, this role will be a key support to the board.
- Manage, develop and build a best-in-class finance function, providing visible and proactive leadership of the finance function to ensure the team are highly engaged and motivated
- To identify and develop suitable methodology for measuring metrics and business performance
- Oversee preparation of monthly board packs, incorporating relevant non-finance measurements
- Ensure there is enough control and structure to support scale up of the business
- Develop, maintain and support revenue recognition reporting tools and control, that support longer term forecasting and variance analysis, this involves working with Value Delivery and Commercial Teams
- Gain an overview of new contract bidding, the deal approval process that will form part of Budgeting and Forecasts (and subsequent variance analysis)
- The maintenance of accurate strategic partner accounting records and preparation of financial statements for audit.
- To challenge the business in a constructive way, driving continued commercial performance and value creation
- Take responsibility for cash management and cash flow forecasting for the business
- To develop and maintain robust, reliable and value-added financial forecasts and reporting processes
- The maintenance of policies and procedures to ensure effective and robust internal controls
- Work with the COO to supporting strategic initiatives, organisational reviews and address investor requests
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Ideally you would have an appreciation of scaling a business, via long term strategic partnerships/contracts
- Ideally you will have an understanding of the value drivers in a business, either in the tech sector or itself utilising technology. Of relevance will be knowledge/experience of a tech platform
- Strong accounting/controlling experience
- A solid academic background educated to degree level
- Ability to work autonomously and own all finance issues
- Able to build relationships across the organisation and accustomed to working effectively with external advisors
- Be able to communicate financial matters to the business with clarity and transparency
- A self-starter, flexible, trustworthy, reliable, driven and hardworking.
- A desire to be in a highly visible role where change is on the agenda.
- A committed team player with a strong commercial outlook and a hands-on approach.
- Strong technical skills and excellent excel skills