The Finance Director will be responsible for the group finance and HR function, plus providing wider commercial, operational and legal support to the leadership team.
The company is looking for an ICAEW qualified individual with 5 to 7 years relevant PQE in a relevant similar company environment. The candidate needs a strong professional background and commercial savvy who can manage all aspects of the finance function & who is not afraid to get their hands dirty!
The Finance Director will report to the CEO and the Board and be a member of the Executive Management team.
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Assess, development and implement the group's finance centralisation and systems project across the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain;
- Ensure the Companies statutory responsibilities and tasks are completed, including the audit, Companies House & the HMRC (covering CT; VAT; NI/PAYE/NI);
- Delivery of accurate & timely financial management and performance information for the board and departmental heads;
- Report to the board on updates and report against financial and performance forecasts and budgets;
- Supporting commercial decision making, including pipeline, pricing and margin analysis
- Managing and accurate forecasting of all aspects of cash and working capital. This will include monitoring receivables; supplier credit terms; purchase ordering commitments & creditors ledger;
- Manage the HR and payroll function - including all aspects of PAYE/NI;
- Rapidly understand supply; customer contracts and business processes to ensure the key controls and management & information processes are in place & accounting processes reflect the nature and needs of the business;
- Continually review finance; sales & operational processes together with information systems to ensure reporting systems and controls are always scalable and effective for the needs of the business;
- Managing external stakeholders including the company's bank and shareholders;
- Working within the senior management team consult and advice on profitability and business performance and improvements thereto.
To be considered, the individual will need to be a Qualified Accountant (preferably ICAEW) and able to demonstrate:
- Strong professional and academic qualifications;
- Directly relevant hands-on PQE in relevant organisations & preferably services/technology environment for up to 5 to 7 years;
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- High degree of computer literacy (the company uses Sage Line50 for nominal ledger & payroll) & in particular spread sheeting skills.
Key personal attributes that we are looking for:
- Highly self-motivated and proactive;
- Very strong commercial awareness; hands-on "can do" attitude & approach;
- Very good communication and relationship skills capable of working in a team environment & in motivating individual performance.