Group Finance Director - Sheffield Region - SME
Brewster Partners are supporting an owner managed business in the Sheffield region in the appointment of a new Group Finance Director.
This is a No. 1 role in finance, supporting the Owner with a range of initiatives and helping to form a new strategic plan for the business.
Key tasks that will feature early on in the role will involve working out the short, medium and long term objectives, as well as tackling the day to day operational and accounting matters that are affecting the business.
The new Group Finance Director will have ownership of the following duties and responsibilities:
- Finance Lead / Director for a group of businesses operating in a range of sectors
- Working with the owner to come up with a turnaround plan, as well as realignment of the group structure
- Building ‘business as usual’ processes and procedures that are robust and fit for purpose
- Realignment of financial and management reporting timetables and deadlines
- Working Capital management and scenario modelling
- Partnering with operations and challenging the business to remedy any loss making parts of the group
Candidates for this role should meet the following search criteria:
- Fully Qualified finance leaders with proven experience at Finance Director level
- Must have significant experience as a Finance Director within an owner managed business environment
- A willingness to focus on both the ‘business as usual’, and the higher level, strategic planning aspects.
- A ‘hands on’ mentality, with a view of the bigger picture.
- Must have experience of managing a turnaround situation
If this is a role that interests you and you feel you have the required skill set and experience to take on this opportunity, please apply ASAP to expressing your interest.
Competitive salary and benefits package