Chief Executive Officer
Our client is a private equity-backed specialist law firm with great ambition to grow. It is now looking to appoint a Group CEO.
The appointee will have overall responsibility for leading the group. This will include the formulation of strategy for board approval and accountability for achieving the group's financial and operational goals. The group's aspiration is to build the market leading law firm in its field in the UK, with compelling and complementary propositions to both solicitors and clients.
The Group CEO must at all time be sympathetic to the culture of the firm, and the needs of its lawyers, who are a cohort of experienced professionals, with a variety of motivations and drivers.
The ability and experience to identify the correct levers to pull, and the narrative to inspire the staff to perform at their optimal level will be a prerequisite of this role.
The individual will be based at the company's head office in Yorkshire but will be required to spend much of their time at the current and proposed local offices and it may not therefore be necessary to relocate.
- Identifying strategic opportunities to enhance the value of the business to current and new investors
- Creating and refining a narrative that ensures that all staff and lawyer interests are aligned with the goals of the business and shareholders, so that that everyone is motivated to perform to their optimal levels
- Managing the Executive Team, ensuring that they have the tools and motivations to be the best they can be to achieve the goals of the business
- Driving the performance of the Office Managing Partners in a sympathetic manner whilst ensuring full adherence to the Client Value Proposition and Employee Value Proposition that the board have developed and are testing
- Understanding and continually managing the needs of the lawyers, developing and using the levers to maximise performance and encourage their long-term career development within the firm
- Ensuring that the growth and profitability objectives of the firm are achieved
The ideal candidate will be an experienced CEO with a track record of delivering growth within a multi-site, professional services firm and an ability to understand the motivations of individuals within a highly regulated environment. They will have experience in negotiating the trade-off between short term profitability and long-term sustainable growth and will be confident in agreeing a course of action and getting others to buy into it.
Follow us on LinkedIn or visit our website for insights and market trends.