The Compliance Manager has to ensure our company adheres to legal standards and in-house policies. The person will be responsible for enforcing/developing/updating the internal policies in all aspects and levels of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters.
The Compliance Manager should be well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance and best practices. The person should be a professional of high ethical standards and work diligently to complete their duties keeping in mind the objectives of the business.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies, procedures and internal guidelines for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Assess the business's future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, Employee Services, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the Corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Corporate Compliance Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting (a) use of the Compliance Hotline; (b) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (c) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Conduct or direct the internal investigation of compliance issues.
- Assess product, compliance, or operational risks and develop risk management strategies.
- Conduct environmental audits to ensure adherence to environmental standards.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- File appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies.
- Evaluate testing procedures to meet the specifications of environmental monitoring programs.
- Verify that software technology is in place to adequately provide oversight and monitoring in all required areas.
- A Bachelor's degree in Law required; Master's desired.
- A significant experience in an Energy sector or Oil and gas or manufacturing organization, to include demonstrated leadership. Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations is a must.
- Knowledge of the KSA laws, industry laws on workplace regulations, harassment etc is needed.
- Good knowledge of corporate, contracts and labour laws; Fluency in Arabic and English.
- Strong expertise in legal, regulatory and corporate governance matters complemented with substantial commercial exposure and broad knowledge of the Company's business operations.
- Good knowledge of contracts pre-assessment, negotiation, formulation, and management.
- For Saudi nationals only.