Chief Finance and Operations Officer
SF Group is working in partnership with Birmingham Diocesan Academies Trust to recruit their newly defined CFOO vacancy.
Established in September 2017, the Trust has 8 Academies which will grow to 12 in January 2019 and to 16 by April 2019. With a secondary Free School currently under construction the Trust is seeking to secure a strategically minded finance and leadership professional who can work collaboratively with Academy Headteachers, The Trust Board and the Senior Management Team. The Trust proposes to grow further with initial growth predicted to be around 20 schools – some of this growth will be via the merger with other trusts.
This is a wide-ranging post and, reporting directly to the CEO, you will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the Trust.
Your remit will include:
- Development of a long-term financial and operations strategy and appropriate fiscal policies which align with the Trust’s ethics and vision
- Presentation of high level, reliable information to the Board to facilitate strategic decisions and mitigate risk
- Leading on procurement, IT functionality and managing wide ranging capital projects
- Management of the central finance team and School Business Managers, including development reviews and delivering relevant training
- Ensuring systems and processes around the financial management of the Trust are efficient, accurate and quality assured through robust internal controls and processes via stress testing
- Ensuring the Trust meets all its legal obligations with regards health and safety and HR
The ideal candidate will have relevant Multi Academy Trust experience, be a graduate and a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/ACMA/CIPFA) with proven experience leadership skills in a multi-site organisation.
You will be a creative and articulate presence within the Trust but also a structured and highly process driven individual in the methods you use to provide solutions and ideas. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to strike a chord with a wider team of dedicated education professionals in a dynamic and forward-thinking organisation.
All candidates will need to provide a covering letter highlighting their experience and suitability for the role.