Business Finance Manager
- An opportunity to use your finance business partnering skills to add value
- An innovative and growing not for profit to help people live healthy lives
About Our Client
Locala Community Partnerships provides NHS community services to over 400,000 people in Kirklees and beyond. We are a Community Interest Company (CIC) an independent, not for profit social enterprise.
Being a social enterprise means we have the freedom to improve and develop what we do. We still deliver NHS services but in a much more coordinated, integrated and community focused way.
As we are a not-for-profit business, any financial surplus is re-invested back into supporting patient care.
We employ 1,400 people who are all committed to delivering the very best services to patients. We continue to be part of the NHS family and deliver care under the same ethos. Our staff enjoy the same terms and conditions - we offer a flexible pension scheme with Royal London.
Our team are part of the community and have often cared for generations within the same family.
As Business Finance Manager you will use your accountancy and finance business partnering skills to provide professional financial support and expert advice to ensure that Locala meets its financial targets, achieves value for money and maintains financial control.
You will deliver specialist finance support and advice relating to Locala including financial planning, monitoring and performance management of Locala activities to achieve Locala financial and service priorities.
As Business Finance Manager you will provide support to Senior players both within Locala and with key partners. This will require close working with Senior Management Team, Service Leads, Service Managers and, with colleagues from NHS Trusts, Local Authorities, Local GPs (as well as other independent contractors) and other partner organisations.
Key areas of delivery will include:
- Develop and implement a financial reporting regime to achieve Quality and Performance metrics whilst delivering Value for Money.
- Design and implement Income and Expenditure reporting for Service areas incorporating Income, Costs, Activities and Outcomes clearly identifying fixed and variable costs.
- Regularly review the financial viability of services whilst identifying cost and income opportunities to deliver quality healthcare within a financially reducing envelope.
- Advise Service Leads and Managers to ensure effective budgetary control and planning. Where necessary training budget holders in the principles of accountancy to enhance their understanding of financial statements as well as training them on the effective use of the financial system.
- Interpret highly complex financial and non-financial data from internal and external sources, and make recommendations to Service Managers and Senior colleagues.
- Work with other members of Finance Department to ensure that all necessary financial advice and support is provided to service leads and managers to enable them to monitor finances and meet their service requirements.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries relating to finance and activity as necessary.
- Support year-end financial management and reporting including the completion of the annual accounts.
- Ensure that audit recommendations relating to management accounting and financial management are implemented and to advise managers in the implementation of financial procedures.
- Develop robust financial planning, forecasting and reporting models which link expenditure to key economic drivers and performance metrics, outcomes and activities.
- Support Service Managers in preparation of Annual Budgets and regular Forecasts.
- Develop sound Income Plans in conjunction with Service Managers ensuring that opportunities are explored and risks are quantified.
- Work with Senior Management and Service Leads to prepare financial appraisals, business proposals and ad hoc requests as required.
- Consider the impact of VAT, corporation tax etc. in the structure of services.
- Responsible for the production of schedules for the monthly statutory returns, including forecast position and analysis of financial risk.
- Develop training programme for non-finance managers to improve commercial and financial skills and run training sessions for Budget Holders.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates for the Business Finance Manager role will need to illustrate that they possess the following skills and experience:
- Fully qualified CCAB or equivalent (ACA / ACCA / CIPFA or CIMA)
- Extensive Financial Management experience
- Expert knowledge of financial procedures, financial policies and relevant legislation
- Sufficient experience and ability to work autonomously
- Experience of preparing bids and tenders
- Advanced ability to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint and financial accounting packages
- Experience of developing complex formulae in spreadsheets as well as designing spreadsheets that can be used by non finance managers
- Ability to keep abreast of developments in information systems and ability to introduce new processes and systems
- Ability to analyse and interpret highly complex data and information and initiate financial modelling techniques to assess financial and clinical risk
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to make judgements
- Ability to provide advice to senior budget holders in relation to highly complex financial issues and communicate at all levels with staff and stakeholders and present to groups of people
- Ability to work to deadlines that may on occasions create conflicting workload pressures
- Ability to interpret and understand policy
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with external and internal colleagues in a multi disciplinary environment
- Ability to plan projects to deliver accounting and financial objectives across multi disciplinary teams
- Appreciation of the key components of medium term financial plans
- Ability to develop robust financial monitoring systems
What's on Offer
This role is paid at an equivalent to an NHS band 8a salary banding which ranges from £42,414 and £49,969 depending upon relevant experience.
27 days holiday rising to 29 after 5 years and 31 after 10 years
Ref Code: MPFE13968240Z