- Rapidly Growing PLC
- Sector Leading Business
About Our Client
Established in January 2004, Medica Group is the market leader in the provision of Teleradiology services to the NHS.
These services provide hospital radiology departments, amongst other benefits, the ability to manage their workflow more efficiently and provide rapid access to specialist Consultant Radiologists, which may not be available to that hospital at the relevant time or at all.
Medica Group has experienced significant growth in recent years and has expanded its network to 350 UK based consultant radiologists. In addition, the Group has plans to expand overseas and has opportunities for wider diversification alongside its current double digit organic growth.
Based at their Corporate Headquarters in Hastings, East Sussex, Medica Group currently have a turnover approaching £40m and over 100 employees. In 2017 they provided in excess of 1 million examination reports to more than 100 hospitals, and the hire of this Financial Controller role represents a key step in their journey of continued growth.
The Financial Controller will primarily be responsible for leading the development of the Finance Team. This will include:
- Working with the finance manager to set objectives and KPIs.
- Ensuring that key deliverables are met.
- Training and development of the team.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of the main day to day requirements of the monthly finance cycle (This will include month end reconciliation, monthly management accounts, payroll and pensions, credit control and supplier management).
- Publication of monthly board information (including management accounts and performance analysis).
- Development of analysis and KPI information delivered as the business grows.
- Supervision of the production of annual and interim group and subsidiary financial statements for statutory audit and inclusion in Annual Report.
- Review and improve financial and operational processes.
Additionally, you will:
- Support the CFO on the budget and long term strategic plan, and ensure that a rolling forecast is maintained and measured against budget.
- Manage Corporation Tax and related matters.
- Ensure adequate oversight of the Group's legal and insurance arrangements.
- Manage corporate compliance issues, statutory obligations and ideally undertake company secretarial duties.
- Assist with the development of business and investor analytics.
- Undertake ad hoc projects as required.
You will also support the CFO.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this Financial Controller role will be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA), and will have the ability to support the CFO and Finance Manager with the day to day smooth running of the finance department on a day to day basis, as well as with strategic analysis, planning and project work for the Board .
Well developed Excel skills will be required for the commercial and analytical elements of the role, and you will also demonstrate strong leadership and organisational skills.
Experience of PLC level reporting would be advantageous, but equally, candidates from a relevant senior level of management in other industries, including Accounts Practice, will also be considered.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate for this Financial Controller position will enjoy an excellent package including:
- Attractive Base Salary
- Bonus potential
- Contributory Pension scheme
Ref Code: MPFE13965244Z