Six Figure Base plus Benefits
South West (M4/M5 Corridor) Relocation assistance available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Operations Director to join this dynamic, privately owned and profitable UK business. Established nearly 40 years ago, the business has increased turnover in the last 4 years from £35m to £59m and continues to perform well. Product design, development and marketing are core competencies and they supply a diverse product portfolio under their own brands within the home furnishings category. They service multiple channels in the B2B marketplace.
The business expertise lies within the home improvement sector, and is renowned for the quality of products and excellent customer service. There are ambitious plans for continued growth and, in order to support and deliver this agenda and drive the bottom line, they require an experienced Operations Director.
- Reporting directly to the MD, the role will sit on the Board and be part of the Senior Management team, with responsibility for delivering best in class operational capability to ensure business plans are delivered profitably
- Taking the lead on warehousing, logistics, customer service, quality, and supply chain
- Creation of an environment that delivers continuous improvement, refinement of warehousing and logistics infrastructure and inventory optimisation
- Identify and deliver cost reduction initiatives across the operational space
- You will be of graduate calibre, articulate, intelligent and a credible individual; ideally operating at a senior level. An end to end operations professional with extensive knowledge of distribution, warehousing, logistics and transportation.
- Extensive change management experience in transforming operational capability to deliver substantial growth. Enjoy the challenge of working within an entrepreneurial and hands-on environment.
- Credible, self - assured with a degree of humility. Must possess the necessary commercial, analytical, budgetary and strategic skills to be effective. A real collaborator and team player who can provide leadership both internally and externally.
- You will have an enquiring mind with the ability to test reality and challenge assumptions using detailed analytical methodologies.