Head of Digital Commerce
Head of Digital Commerce
Reading, Berkshire, M4 Corridor, South East England
An entrepreneurial, senior, digital leader and digital evangelist is needed to join BMI Group. We are an established construction products manufacturer seeking to disrupt our market, and move nearer to the customer, using the digital B2C channel. This is an exciting role spearheading a new digital mind-set and approach and seeking opportunities to start new digitally-led initiatives across the groups commercial and customer processes.
An example of how we are doing this now is “Tonova”- our direct to consumer website and app which allows customers to gain a quote and book the installation online. Tonova removes the pain of searching and waiting for quotes, by turning a smart phone into a measurement tool.
Acting as the digital evangelist the Head of Digital Commerce will seek out opportunities for digital adoption across the group’s multiple business units globally. Using your previous experience and knowledge of digital commercial process you will stimulate demand and secure business sponsorship by articulating the ‘art of the possible’ for the digital channel.
Working closely with the business advocates you have identified and converted you will establish new digital facing commercial and customer facing initiatives to drive growth. You will then use their success as exemplars to convert other business stakeholders and widen the uptake of digital commerce across the organisation. Success will be the widespread adoption of commercial digital initiatives combined with a significant demonstrable contribution to revenue.
BMI Group is a 2 billion € part of Standard Industries family of companies. Together with GAF, our sister company in the US, we are the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world. Standard Industries is a global industrial business with interests in building materials and related investment businesses. The combination of a visionary leadership team and an irreverent, innovative culture means that we see digital as an opportunity to bring us nearer to our customer. We are bringing together a cohort of digital leaders to drive the transformation of our group, based together at our brand new Digital Hub in Reading. The Head of Digital Commerce will form a key part of our digital leadership group and will be lead a portfolio of highly visible and commercial digital initiatives across all brands and markets.
- Take accountability for spearheading commercial digital initiatives across the business. A natural evangelist for digital, you will seek out potential opportunities for digital commerce securing buy-in and business sponsorship from key stakeholders on the ground.
- Leveraging your experience of customer-facing digital innovation you will deploy resources from BMI’s Digital Hub and technology partners to help the digital initiatives take root and flourish. You will ensure the initiatives produce tangible results in terms of competitive advantage, customer experience, and ultimately revenue.
- You will also widen uptake of pilot schemes, creating a linked eco-system for digital commerce and customer process across the group to drive digital disruption from the ground up. You will then utilise your relationship skills to build a network of digital advocates and key allies across the group, irrespective of perceived boundaries. Ultimately your approach will be shown to have resulted in demonstrable organisational growth, increased direct B2C revenue and digital maturity in the customer facing teams.
- A highly impactful, commercial digital professional possessing the front-facing engagement and relationship building skills to allow you to work at all levels of a business. You will have both commercial gravitas and the enthusiastic, engaging approach to mobilise the entire organisation.
- A data-driven, analytical leader able to distil and simplify complex problems and deal with ambiguity. You will be a proven leader of multi-disciplinary digital teams, with highly developed people skills. You will demonstrate the ability to build a compelling digital vision to enthuse teams and bring the vision to life.
- A savvy commercial operator with well-developed financial and business skills. You will be fluent in the application of digital technology into customer-facing, commercial business processes. You are also likely to have significant experience working across perceived organisational boundaries, including working with partners and the wider digital industry.
Submit your CV in confidence by clicking "Apply".