Head of Digital Enterprise – BMI Group
Head of Digital Enterprise – BMI Group
Reading, Berkshire, M4 Corridor, South East England
This established construction products manufacturer needs an experienced digital leader to devise and implement its group wide digital collaboration platform and social toolset. The firm wants to take an innovative, digital approach to enable the rapid sharing of information, ideas and learning across its previously distinct business units.
This is an exciting role spearheading the adoption of a new digital mind-set across the group, implementing the social and collaboration technology to enable closer working and facilitate ongoing professional development across the group’s nascent digital community.
Acting as a digital evangelist you will combine knowledge of digital social/collaboration tools and e-learning technology with the ability to engage with a diverse organisation, understand its needs and select appropriate solutions. You will then facilitate group wide implementation and adoption of these collaboration tools to embed and grow a digital culture.
BMI Group is the 2 billion € part of Standard Industries family of companies. Together with GAF, our sister company in the US, we are the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world. Standard Industries is a global industrial business with interests in building materials and related investment businesses. The combination of a visionary leadership team and an irreverent, innovative culture means that we see digital as an opportunity to bring us nearer to our customer. We are bringing together a cohort of digital leaders to drive the transformation of our group, based together at our brand new Digital Hub in Reading. The Head of Digital Enterprise will form a key part of our new digital leadership group and will be instrumental in the driving the adoption of group wide digital culture over the long term.
- Take accountability for spearheading digital collaboration and learning initiatives across the business. A natural evangelist for digital, you will identify the potential, opportunities, audiences and communities for digital collaboration across the group. The Head of Digital enterprise will then engage with these groups, excite them about the potential application of digital tools and secure their commitment to taking part in digital communication and knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Leveraging your experience of establishing digital collaboration and e-learning platforms you will deploy resources from BMI’s Digital Hub, and our external partners, to implement reliable, usable collaboration tools. You will provide ongoing support for the initiatives, maintain momentum and ensure usage becomes embedded within the chosen communities.
- You will also drive the wider adoption of the digital platform which will be used by the group to drive digital culture change from the ground up. You will use your experience and relationship skills to build a network of digital advocates and allies across perceived organisational boundaries. In the long term your approach will be shown to have created a sizable cohort who are engaging via the digital platforms
- An impactful digital collaboration and e-learning professional possessing the front-facing engagement and relationship building skills to allow you to work across all levels of a business. You will have the enthusing, innovative approach to stimulate demand and secure sponsorship for new collaboration initiatives, preferably gained in a startup environment.
- A data-driven, analytical leader able to distil and simplify complex problems and deal with ambiguity. You will demonstrate an ability to build a vision for digital collaboration which will inspire co-operation across functions, business units and geographies.
- You will be a proven leader of multi-disciplinary, agile, digital technology teams with strong people skills and the ability to quickly form effective teams across operational boundaries.
Submit your CV in confidence by "Apply".