Global Logistics Finance Director
Butler Rose is proud to be exclusively supporting an international manufacturing and distribution business with their recruitment for a Global Logistics Finance Director. Based in Hampshire this role will require global travel and management of a large, remote team via direct reports and will provide crucial strategic financial support to the complex logistics business, taking it to the next level of innovation.
Acting as a Finance Business Partner to the global Logistics and Operations Director and reporting to the Global Finance Director for Operations, this is a new role due to growth and a key recruit for one of the South's leading businesses.
Key responsibilities are broad but include:
- Provide day to day support and advice to other senior management team members on existing and future logistics practices, key strategic processes and internal controls over financial reporting and compliance;
- Lead and co-ordinate the budget and quarterly forecasts for the global logistics organization;
- Ensure proactive identification and escalation of potential issues to financial and logistics management teams, identify risks and opportunities;
- Support the worldwide logistics initiatives in the development of the long term Strategic Plan including developing appropriate cost accounting procedures to correctly monitor the performance of the business.
- Develop global standardized reports and KPI for the reviews of freight and secondary handling.
- Support the organization to move to the next steps for the global costs to serve model including its use to validate business cases and in the development of full country and key customer P&L's
- Manage directly the financial cycles and initiatives for the Asia region through the support of the commercial finance team in the region;
- Support development of inventory and packaging control and accounting, advising of the costs and efficiencies of proposed initiatives through cost modeling, to identify profit improvement opportunities.
- Review the cost drivers of the business in order to help provide direction of the on-going business.
- Develop and implement process improvements to enable more efficient and accurate processing and reporting of results to tight deadlines.
- Drive cost saving initiatives and aid management in the introduction of new inventory management and control techniques.
- Monitor and control the capital investments throughout the global logistics function and ensure robust business cases for each major planned capital investment.
- Manage a team that provides the analysis and processes the transactions for Distribution and Packaging operations
We are seeking a very high calibre individual who offers experience in a senior leadership role for a complex logistics business, who is able to bring knowledge and innovation to the role.
We are looking for a driver of change who can standardize processes within the logistics division across their global locations and be focused upon continuous improvement. Experience of matrix management within a large international business would be preferable and a customer centric approach is essential as you will be helping to drive customer service excellence to their partners.
You will be degree educated; ideally ACA /ACMA / ACCA and an experienced leader from a high volume, complex logistics background who has an appetite for change, development and success.
As a business they operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment where expectations are high, but equally this is a role where you can make a real impact, with high visibility across the wider business and a truly global career awaits the right candidate.
This client is offering a fantastic base plus benefits and an opportunity to join a rewarding work environment for a business that supports and nurtures it employees.
Please apply on line or email me to register your interest and all CVs will be considered and responded to in due course. Please note candidates will need to meet the above criteria to be considered.
Butler Rose is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Butler Rose Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.