Chief Technology Officer
Reporting to the MD, the Chief Technology Officer will take the lead on the development of the IT vision and implementation of the IT strategy that supports the expansion and overall objectives of the Group.
A large privately owned organisation with significant global operations. In the UK, the group employs over 700 people with annual sales in excess of £250m.
Reporting to the MD, the Chief Technology Officer / CTO will take the lead on the development of the IT vision and implementation of the IT strategy that supports the expansion and overall objectives of the Group.
Key highlights of the overall responsibilities and requirements for this role:
- To lead on the development of the IT vision plus implementation of the IT strategy to ensure that the IT business creates value and business opportunities via technology innovation and efficiencies.
- To identify business opportunities using proven IT concepts to ensure the Group is at the forefront of technology advancements.
- To provide direction, guidance and manage the Group's entire IT and Mobile communications infrastructure.
- To lead and manage all project/change management across the Group including the new ERP roll out.
- To provide management, direction and guidance to drive the digital transformation across the Group.
- To deliver stable and secure IT operations across all infrastructures (data centre, network, clients, cloud, telecommunications).
- To have proven team management ability including experience of previous professional staff development.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall management responsibility for the Group's IT team.
- To take responsibility for the implementation of a robust Cyber Security Strategy and Architecture.
- To develop and implement digital services for customers (e.g. IoT services, e-commerce, Block Chain services etc).
- To continually monitor and review IT market trends and drive innovations.
- To work with key stakeholders to drive efficiency improvements in business processes.
- To have effective communication and stakeholder management skills.
- To have a solid grasp of key financial aspects/IT budget management and be comfortable communicating these to stakeholders.
- To have demonstrable experience in the delivery of IT Transformation.
In order to qualify for this opportunity, you will demonstrate your broad depth of knowledge/expertise of:
- IT applications (e-commerce, ERP, CRM, PLM)
- IT Infrastructure (data centre, network, cloud architecture)
- Company structures, business processes and data architecture
- IT security
Whilst manufacturing sector experience would be desirable, it is not essential. Senior experience within Retail or FMCG could also offer good synergies.
Based from the impressive Northampton head office, this is your chance to take on the challenge of a Chief Technology Officer role where you will accelerate your career working for a global leader.