Group Accountant - Ultra Electronics
- Market leading, FTSE250 listed organisation
- An excellent first move into industry from audit
About Our Client
Ultra Electronics are an internationally successful defence and military, security, transport and energy company with a long, consistent track record of development and growth. They are a British business who have been operating for almost a century. With annual revenues of over £750 million they are one of the market leaders in their industry.
A fascinating, complex organisation, Ultra Electronics have grown via both acquisition and organic growth. It's certainly an organisation that is constantly changing, with various projects ongoing.
This is a role Michael Page has placed multiple times previously, with all incumbents having been promoted and progressed within the business. If you're looking for a role where you'll be challenged and developed this will certainly offer these prospects.
The role itself sits within the Group finance function and is a group reporting role with aspects of business partnering, FP&A and strategic planning to the position.
Reporting to, and working closely with, the Group Reporting Manager, the Group Accountant will take responsibility for supporting day-to-day operation of a range of group financial and management accounting matters.
- Provide support to the Group Financial Controller and Group Reporting Manager with a number of activities
- Lead the monthly multi-currency consolidation of the group results and forecast, including:
- Update of consolidation journals including review of intercompany eliminations
- Reconciliation of reserves
- Review of the order book
- Understanding of FX adjustments and movements
- Analysis of central costs, central cash and variances
- Liaise directly with the divisional and business unit finance directors
- Assist with preparation of the monthly management accounts and Board reports
- Assist with preparation of the interim and year end annual reports
- Liaise with the external auditors
- Proactive resolution of accounting queries from Ultra businesses
- Administration of the consolidation system - setting up new users and entities
- Undertake consolidation system report writing and data analysis
- Train consolidation system users as required
- Liaise with the 3rd party support provider and with internal IT resource
- Ad hoc project work to support business needs, including assignments at the businesses
Budgeting and Strategic Planning
- Assist the Group Accountant in the budget and strategic planning processes
- Prepare interest, non-operating charges, EPS and net debt calculations
- Prepare the group budget documents for the board
- Provide support to the Ultra businesses and resolve queries
- Review the Head Office budget and strategic plans with the Head Office accountant
- Review the group cross charges with the Head Office accountant prior to
Head Office Accounting
- Manage the full-time Head Office accountant and lead the review of the head-office accounts and forecasts
- Prepare the statutory financial statements for the head-office companies
- Provide cover for the Head Office accountant as required
- Detailed review of BACS runs
- Communication with the group's banks on Trade Finance matters
- Manage interest calculations for inter company loans and internal interest payments across the group
- Completion of Office of National Statistics surveys
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Practice background, ideally from one of the 'big 4'
- Experience with multi-currency consolidations
- Experience using a group reporting tool
- Collaborative attitude with an innate curiosity and a drive to improve constantly.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary, with brilliant corporate benefits.
This role has a track record of progression within the organisation - there is a clear development path in place.
Group Accountant - Ultra Electronics
Ref Code: MPFE13960354Z
Apply for Group Accountant - Ultra Electronics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly