Head of Sales ('Construction Products Manufacturing'/West Midlands)
Our client is an award-winning specialist manufacturer and distributor of cement and bitumen-based products. The business has a fantastic reputation based on research, development and production of innovative materials for use in highway maintenance, urban regeneration, tiling, commercial flooring and internal finishing markets.
Due to continued growth and expansion there is a key requirement to recruit a Head of Sales for the business, who will report to the Managing Director. This exciting role will suit someone with entrepreneurial flair and drive. The core purpose will be for this person to plan and execute sales, marketing, brand and product development programs that will meet pre-determined targets and protect/increase the company’s market share.
- Drive sales and hit targets
- Develop and implement strategic sales, marketing and budget plans across all company brands
- Identify national and international market opportunities and drive forwards brand/product development
- Set annual sales targets for the team
- Develop and maintain positive relationships at a high level with existing and potential key customers
- Drive new sales improvement campaigns
- Lead, manage and motivate the sales team effectively
- Develop and enhance the existing sales and marketing systems
Core Expertise Needed:
- Must have significant management and leadership experience in a senior sales role within a £50m-£100m turnover manufacturing business
- Proven experience of successfully leading, motivating and managing cross functional sales teams within a manufacturing environment
- Proven experience of managing direct supply and third-party supply channels
- Proven track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets
- Must have a successful financial management background in terms of budgets and business planning i.e. strong commercial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing organisational change
- A high level of professionalism, integrity and work ethic.
- A multi award winning company that is fast growing and well respected.
- A high-profile role with significant levels of autonomy.
- A challenging and rewarding role with excellent progression opportunities.
If this role is suitable and of interest, please email your CV to George Woodward from Novo Executive Search. Novo will respond to suitable applicants promptly.