4 days left
Wonderful opportunity for a CFO to join the multitalented team running a profitable, fast growing tech / sports business at the start of an anticipated surge, driven by growth capital to be raised early in 2019.
Business: Developed a number of high profile web applications, earning revenue under a SaaS model, generating large online communities, to whom products have already been successfully marketed using eCommerce.
Overview: Board level role reporting directly to the CEO (and co-Founder). Your principal responsibilities will be to create a financial environment capable of adapting to the rapidly changing requirements likely to be put upon it as the business launches new products, signs new deals and continues its exciting growth pattern. The business is already profitable but will secure external investment to really set it going. You will play a lead role in raising further funding whilst keeping the board and investors informed of financial and commercial developments.
- Day to day financial reporting - direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions
- Forecasting, budgeting & financial management - provide leadership in the development of insights that will work towards long-term strategic and financial objectives and ways to strategically enhance financial performance
- Line management - supervision and development of finance into a first class team with the capacity to support a larger entity
- Strategy – form a close partnership with the board in developing strategy and assess new opportunities, such as potential acquisitions or new product launches, managing projects through to completion
- Operations - in the medium term it is anticipated that the role will extend to cover other functions; property, HR and legal
- Qualified accountant with a strong record of academic achievement
- Ideally worked in at least one private, investor backed business
- Experience of a rapidly growing business, ideally from its early stages, and the type of challenges that entails
- Hands on overall financial management of a small / medium size entity, ideally in a technology-led business with elements of SaaS or eCommerce
- Excellent analytical ability and versed in the creation of meaningful and relevant management information
- Management, growth and personal development of a finance team
- Could suit a very strong Head of Finance / Controller looking for their first board level role
- Team player, thrives on building relationships, both internal and external
- Having “presence” - able to convince with good communication skills
- Drive, passion, energy, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and general “can-do” attitude to complement the team already in place
- Commercial flair allied to financial acumen will be critical, both in reporting and analysing business performance and potentially contract negotiation
- A team player, natural coach, inspiring leader, strategic & commercial thinker.
- The personality to thrive in a young, highly informal, non-egotistical environment.
- Organised with attention to detail and able to prioritise
- Passion for technology / change
This really is that elusive opportunity to join the management team of a very exciting technology business at just the right time.
Apply for Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly