Group IT Manager - Project Delivery - Luxury Retail
The VIA Outlets Group IT Manager (GITM) will be responsible for the delivery of all allocated projects as decided upon by the IT Director and senior stakeholders.
International Luxury Retailer
Additionally, the GITM will be responsible for supporting and deputizing for the IT Director as deemed necessary.
The GITM will be tasked with ensuring that the allocated projects are delivered to agreed time, cost and quality standards.
The GITM will also ensure that all required project artifacts, including but not limited to, are maintained in a timely and accurate manner:
- Project Plan
- Project scoping and requirements documentation
- RAID Registers
- Project RACI's
- Communication plans
- Engagement Plants
- All required project reporting
The ideal candidate will have worked previously as either a PM or Change manager on BI/reporting projects and be able to show a serious of successfully delivered projects where the candidate led the change initiative as well as the technical delivery, or as an IT Operations Manager or IT Manager looking to make a step to the next level in their careers. Leading virtual project teams consisting of business stakeholders located throughout Europe is also key. There will be significant travel in this role.
Ensuring ongoing engagement of the business project teams has been identified as a key risk to this project, therefore it is essential that the GITM can show strong experience in ensuring ongoing engagement of physically disparate teams.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
PRINCE2 or similar Project qualification or significant experience to show appropriate levels of capability.
- Exceptional change management capability
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong budgeting skills, including setting and managing budgets
- Strong Experience in Retail or customer facing industries
- Experience of Finance projects
In both cases significant awareness of finance and BI terminology and environments would be required. We are not looking for BI Technical analysts or accountants, just people who have worked on projects in these areas.
- Strong awareness of the Microsoft Reporting stack, especially PowerBI.
- Exceptional Communication skills, including document writing and presenting to all levels of staff.
- IT Leadership would be beneficial, the ideal candidate may have spent some time as an IT Manager and would be looking to make a step up into a leadership role in the coming two years.
- This role is very hands on delivery and will require a GITM who can also provide documentation experience.
- Must have previous retail experience
£50,000 - £60,000 + Great Company Benefits