This is an exceptional opportunity for an Engineering Manager that is looking for the next challenge in their career. The business is embarking on an exciting investment programme, which is an exciting time to join the business.
The business is a leading food manufacturing business that has experienced extensive growth over the last few years.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for:
- Control of all aspects of the engineering function including all day-to-day engineering issues, strategic initiatives, process development, continuous improvement and change programme. Additionally, you will be accountable for the development of the culture and skills of the engineering team. You will have people management responsibility for a team of disciplined multi-skilled engineers providing 24/7 cover for the site.
- Ensure delivery of site KPI's and engineering KPI's for availability of the manufacturing and service equipment by carrying out scheduled and planned activities to reduce plant downtime.
- Lead and develop the manufacturing engineering team in delivering cost effective engineering, maintenance, calibration, technical support & improvements to all areas on the site. This shall be done in adherence to the company Quality systems and regulatory/statutory Health & Safety requirements.
- Facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride & responsibility in what they do & feel a sense of involvement & self-worth. Continually inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objectives.
- Coach and develop high performance teams to ensure there is effective management to motivate and drive the engineering team to achieve world class performance.
- To ensure department external and internal auditing requirements are satisfied and standards are achieved to meet external accreditation standards.
- Ensure engineering infrastructure and systems are resourced and in compliance to meet legal and statutory requirements.
- The Site Engineering Manager must be capable of ensuring quick reaction to daily business needs and able to balance this against dedicating an appropriate amount of time and energy to developing improvement strategies.
The successful candidate will have:
- Engineering degree and/or equivalent, (HND, HNC etc)
- Strategic approach to achieving work outcomes
- People management and leadership experience
- Computer Maintenance Management System experience
- Commitment to workplace health and safety at all times
- Previous food manufacturing experience is essential
The role is offering between £60,000 - £75,000 + an excellent benefits package.