Global Sales Manager
Greycon is a global company headquartered in London (UK) with operating companies in the US, Uruguay, China, Greece and sales offices globally. Greycon has 30+ years of experience in the roll-based and flat-sheet industries (including plastic film & flexible packaging, paper & board, nonwovens, metals and converting).
The company’s focus is on software solutions & services for integrated business planning (IBP) covering: demand & capacity planning, production scheduling, slitting & cutting optimisation and manufacturing execution systems (MES).
Greycon has grown organically for over 30 years and is now part of a large group, Constellation Software Inc., whose strategy is to acquire mid-size successful companies with specialised & mission-critical software and invest in their growth.
In addition, the industries that Greycon is targeting are major industries globally with more emphasis on products traceability, recyclability and supply chain excellence. This is seen as a significant market opportunity for Greycon solutions and industry knowledge.
The Global Sales Manager is an opportunity for a critical leadership role, managing a team crucial to Greycon’s continued growth. This person needs to be both inspirational and operational. The successful candidate will lead and grow the global sales organisation, reporting to the Managing Director.
It is a London based role, managing a global sales team (located in the Americas, Europe and Asia) consisting of regional sales managers and country sales executives.
The right candidate needs to demonstrate successful experience in managing and mentoring a global sales team as well as lead generation process, nurturing global accounts, being persistent in the use of sales systems such as CRM and sales performance monitoring.
If you are ready for a role that can show-case your talents, has high visibility across the organisation, has a direct impact on implementing a winning enterprise sales strategy, and has a corporate leadership trajectory, this role could be for you.
- Lead and manage a global sales team of regional sales managers, country sales executives and agents located in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
- Define and execute processes to grow the sales revenue.
- Lead and manage the team in achieving individual, team, and organisation targets.
- Drive and monitor account management, planning & execution to deliver maximum revenue potential in coordination with professional services and support teams.
- Grow and maintain effective business relationships with large clients to ensure maximum effectiveness of the sales organisation.
- Prepare pitches and compelling sales presentations to inspire customers and your sales team.
- Own and oversee the client proposals process, whether self-generated by the sales team or within a formal tender process.
- Ensure that mutually profitable agreements are negotiated with clients.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with key referrals and complementary sales channels.
Qualification & Skills:
- Ideally extensive experience of successful selling of enterprise software solutions, with significant experience in a team manager role and able to grow with the business for at least the next 5-10 years.
- International sales experience & ability to travel globally.
- Results driven and self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and determination to coach & challenge the team through the entire sales cycle from ‘lead generation’ to ‘closing the deal’ followed by ‘account management’.
- Ability to build vision, understand and define requirements, design practical solutions, develop supporting business cases, and implement solutions for clients.
- Outstanding communication skills, being both outspoken and a good listener at the same time.
- Experienced negotiator & strong influencing skills.
- Knowledge of one of Greycon industry targets or similar software offering (manufacturing or supply chain optimisation) is desirable.
- Knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce and/or Microsoft Dynamics) is desirable.
- Leadership and presentation skills in international conferences is desirable.
- Ideally degree level education coupled with excellent written, verbal, listening, presentation and analytical skills.