Head of Underwriting and Recoveries - London
I am Looking for a Head of Underwriting and Recoveries to work for a London based Challenger based client of mine.
Please read the job description below and only apply if you meet ALL the criteria.
Head Of Underwriting & Recoveries
-I am willing to discuss this with Senior Underwriters or anyone with an extremely strong background in B2B Lending.
-Purpose of Role
To assist the Chief Credit Officer (CCO) in managing the credit risk and credit appetite of the bank.
- Assist the CCO in the development and implementation of credit appetite policy.
- Assist the CCO in the establishment of an appropriate credit risk environment.
- Assist the CCO in determining concertation risk and policy
- Define, plan and implement the arrears management strategy
- Help define and implement a direct credit application process for Brokers, utilising appropriate credit data and analytical tools.
- Ensure excellent service is given to Relationship Managers and brokers alike.
- Ensure compliance with all mandatory policies.
- Adherence to credit procedures to maintain internal credit controls.
- Establish and actively manage a personal development plan.
- Provide leadership and development in the creation and support of the credit team.
- Ensure loans are appropriately documented and lien positions secured.
- Help develop appropriate MI and KPI indicators and reporting.
- 20+ years in lending and managing credit, credit teams and systems. Experience of decision making at Credit Committee level and Arrears Management.
10+ years in lending and managing credit, credit teams and systems. Experience of decision making at Credit Committee level and Arrears Management.
Capabilities and Competencies
- Customer satisfaction and engagement
- Effective communication internally and externally
- Ensure timely turnaround on credit applications
- In depth understanding of Accounts and cash flow projections
- Entrepreneurial and a commercial knowledge of SME funding issues
Technical Strategy Knowledge
- Ensure compliance to credit & risk policies and procedures
- Proactive risk/issue management
- Maintain and monitor concentration risk.
- Monitor and report existing exposures
- Ensure arrears are being pro-actively managed and reported.
- Developed and detailed understanding of credit risk and concentration risk.
- In depth knowledge of appropriate credit search and data tools to enhance the credit decision process.
- Analytical and pragmatic approach to underwriting
- Details understanding of and the appropriateness of all security documentation
Head of Underwriting/Resources/Credit/Risk/SME/Small to Medium Enterprise