Chief Marketing Officer - CMO (B2B, Transformation)
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO,Transformation, B2B Events)
Salary up to £100,000 (negotiable) plus company benefits
Office based - Central Bristol (Queen Square)
GDS Group is a global project intelligence organisation dedicated to helping clients meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, digital disruptive business environment. Our B2B summits and events bring purchaser and provider communities together to find solutions to real-world business challenges.
Whether it's brokering real solutions to existing or upcoming business projects, providing greater insight into emerging trends and their outcomes, or delivering the tools needed to enable meaningful organisational change, our events, services and experience provide the intelligence needed to make our customer's business projects a success.
We are looking for a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to lead our Marketing, Content, Design and Data teams and champion GDS' efforts to identify, acquire and retain our audiences, build loyalty and drive revenue to achieve targets for our offices in the UK, US and the Balkans.
GDS are going from strength to strength with plans to improve capabilities in core areas across our business, improve on our data asset and achieve significant productivity savings from our Marketing estate. To help GDS achieve these ambitions we are looking for an experienced senior manager who can inspire the business to develop its reputation as a leading provider of content and targeted events and drive a data-guided approach to growing revenue in the right areas.
You will lead a team of approximately 15 FTE to drive the development and implementation of best-in-class ROI-driven marketing methodologies across our different brands and a diverse product offering. Your role as CMO will establish strategies that will grow audiences, build GDS' reputation, extend its reach, build long-term relationships with our customers and maximise revenue across the customer journey. Your role will work with other senior managers in improving the performance of GDS overall and enabling the business to implement the right capabilities in the right areas at a pace which fits our annual delivery plan.
CMO Required Experience:
- Setting strategies, delivering change and overseeing transformation at the most senior level in complex organisations; at least 3 years as a senior executive
- Creating and implementing successful marketing, communications and engagement strategies that have increased revenue streams and organisational reach; at least 10 years in marketing/sales
- Global B2B marketing including CRM, marketing automation, data, analytics, segmentation
- Building and blending inbound and outbound communications approaches to achieve the right mix to achieve business targets
- Adopting a commercial and entrepreneurial approach to effecting change and delivering revenue growth in a digital business facing organisation or the media/communications industry
- Managing and controlling budgets and resources in a challenging financial environment
- Harnessing the digital space and the opportunities it creates, with substantial multimedia experience and evidence of delivering innovative digital initiatives
- Experience of leveraging event content for marketing purposes: overseeing production of and reporting on marketing content in various formats (including long-form, direct response, video, social, email, paid and organic)
- Developing brand strategies and creating new ways of articulating and nurturing major brands across media
To register your interest or for more information on this exciting opportunity please apply online.