International CFO - PE-backed global professional services business, London base
Our client is a growing international professional services firm that works with major global brands to help them plan and execute their marketing strategies helping with key market research, new product design and launch, globalisation strategies and so on.
The business is profitable and growing rapidly in a number of key international territories with offices already established in Europe, the USA, India and the Far East. It operates in an attractive niche and they are experts in what they do, with a highly capable and impressive leadership team, recruited from within the industries they serve.
The business has recently received substantial backing from a leading mid-market international PE house to help maximise its growth potential. There is a strong platform for further international growth, organically and also via M&A activity.
An experienced, high-quality CFO is to be recruited to join the Board to help to deliver a best-in-class commercial finance function to support the growth strategy in the run-up to a successful exit in two to three years’ time.
The business culture is dynamic and highly collaborative and the senior management team are highly experienced. As CFO you will help to bring a cohesion and clarity of thought to the board and will act as a key strategic partner to the CEO.
You will need to be highly commercial but at the same time hands-on with an eye for detail and you will be proficient in building a strong set of systems and a robust reporting framework that will enable the business to reach sound commercial decisions. Naturally, as this is a high growth business you will have excellent cash and working capital management skills and you will be used to working with and reporting to high calibre advisors and external investors.
Previous private equity experience is important, ideally with an exit, and experience of helping to grow a global services business internationally in several different international jurisdictions is essential.
The key attributes being sought are:
- Proven international CFO - ideally with a background in people-based businesses – e.g. marketing, PR, media, consultancy, recruitment, analytics, research, BPO etc.
- Experience in implementing strong systems and financial best practice
- Qualified accountant with extensive PQE
- Experience working in complex, growth businesses in the mid-market (probably sub £60m turnover)
- Experience leading the strategic direction of IT
- Experience liaising with high-quality PE investors and bank
- Strong interpersonal skills including high EQ and gravitas to enable effective communication throughout the business
- Clarity of communication – the ability to cut through jargon but to be seen as a true partner to the key managers in the business
Specifically, you will be hot on the numbers and the systems that underpin them. Above you will all a strong custodian of the finances of the business and with a value enhancement agenda at all times. Specific tasks will include:
- Development of effective financial and tax strategies for all geographies
- Management of cash balances and accurate cash forecasting
- Management and approval of proactive capital and budgeting processes – “getting ahead of the business’
- Lead monthly/year-end reporting and audit process
This is a very exciting opportunity in a niche provider of professional business services in a business poised for further profitable international growth ahead of a planned exit in around 3 years’ time.
The salary and benefits package will be highly competitive with the added incentive of an attractive equity position.
This position is being handled exclusively by Chief Officers Group on a retained basis. Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter with any relevant additional information and with details of your current salary package, quoting reference COG0999.