Senior Manager Risk - NGO & Donor Aid
To provide a high-quality specialised service to clients, contribute to business development activities and be active in the internal development of the team.
My client is an ambitious firm with strong leadership and a shared direction. They provide an exceptional service to clients, stimulating work and excellent development of people. Their working culture is inclusive, collaborative and supportive. They want to allow their people to reach their full potential and thrive in their career.
The division carries out risk, assurance and other consultancy assignments for internationally funded organisations and projects/programmes in Europe and worldwide.
The majority of their assignments relate to programmes funded and delivered by organisations such as the European Commission, World Bank, United Nations, national governments' development bodies and NGOs.
- Utilise your detailed knowledge of risk and internal audit issues and techniques, and provide expert guidance to clients and colleagues
- Utilise your detailed understanding of the international public sector environment, and provide expert guidance in risk and assurance matters
- Lead on-site meetings with clients and beneficiaries
- Act with professionalism, integrity and diplomacy at all times
- Produce reports or other written deliverables, and review and improve deliverables written by others, in line with the client's and the firm's expectations and to agreed quality standards
- Be accountable for assignment deadlines and be proactive in taking actions to ensure deadlines are met
- Prepare proposals or tenders for specific assignments, either stand-alone or within a framework contract, reporting to a Partner
- Identify potential opportunities for obtaining new work from existing clients or assignment subjects. Take action to follow up such opportunities with a Partner
- Develop internal contacts and an awareness of the services offered by other departments in the firm, and alert relevant parties to potential opportunities if appropriate
- Carry out job appraisals for more junior team members, including both performance evaluation and development planning
- Membership of an industry-recognized professional body (IIA, ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA, IRM)
- Excellent working knowledge of audit standards, techniques and methodologies, and specifically of the international standards (IPPF) issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Practical experience in planning, conducting and managing internal audit assignments, as part of an in-house, co-sourced or outsourced internal audit function - including conducting risk assessments, developing and implementing risk based audit plans
- Demonstrable in-depth and current knowledge of the international public sector environment, including the current internal audit and risk management environment
- Excellent written and spoken English, including a very strong command of grammar, syntax, punctuation and style
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds
- Adaptable and flexible attitude
- A good working knowledge of a second language, especially French or Spanish, would be an advantage.
- Passionate about international travel and international public sector. Experience working with the EC, UN or other International Organisations and/or NGOs would be an advantage
- Willing to work in locations outside the UK for up to 50% of the time
- Be part of a successful department which hold a number one position in the market, yet at the same help to expand their advisory offering
- Unique and interesting position in which use your qualification for the greater good
- Competitive salary, support and development to further advance your career