Senior Quality Manager
4 days left
You have the chance to join an internationally recognised business as their Senior Quality Manager at a time where they are looking to develop a new QMS strategy & drive a culture of continuous improvement.
As a result of developing new products & securing new business they are growing from strength to strength & are solidifying their place as one of the market leaders in their field. This business are looking for a Senior Quality Manager to lead their QMS strategy & you will be instrumental in ensuring they continue to improve customer relationships & drive best practice processes.
As the Senior Quality Manager you will be based from Birmingham but will be supporting the wider UK manufacturing operation, interacting with international counterparts in order to ensure that the business has a consistent standard of quality across their product range. You will also be working across all functions within the business unit in order to drive local improvement initiatives.
- Manage the external quality activities for the customer and supplier, including customer complaint management, warranty and feedback reporting
- Leading the implementation of the long term quality strategy and its continuous improvements to support the company's objectives
- Leading the training and development of the quality team to ensure their quality skills are continuously improving to increase departmental competence and flexibility
- Maintain quality & safety management systems
- Developing and maintaining an internal quality approach that supports the entire organisation to find deviations and areas for improvement
- Actively managing and leading of the team to continuously improve internal and external audit programs
- Frequently analysing service quality trends and statistics to increase performance and to understand best practices within the industry
- Lean Six Sigma leadership including project identification, deployment and control
- Deriving recommendations and work with business intelligence function to develop and maintain a quality dashboard which generates an overview of quality performance
- Ensuring a robust and timely process for problem resolution (i.e. 8D methodology)
- Attend departmental and project meetings at all levels, representing the Quality team and presenting where appropriate
A Quality Specialist or a Senior Manager with an understanding of management systems & driving improvement strategy thought a cross functional team. The successful applicant will have experience within an FMCG manufacturing operation & the following:
- A scientific/engineering related degree qualification
- QMS experience & an understanding of the ISO9001 standard would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of cross-functional interactions (liaising with Engineering & Production teams)
- Experience using Six Sigma/Lean improvement techniques
- An understanding of health & safety management systems.
- Ideally experience working in international cross-functional set up
- Strong analytical expertise
- Proven leadership and coaching experience
- Excellent interpersonal & presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills; able to build strong relationships with customers & other external stake holders
Circa £50,000 - £60,000 + Car All. + Bonus (Relocation Allowance Available)