Divisional FP&A Manager
Our client is a division of a world leader in advanced materials development and production and a FTSE listed business operating in 30 countries around the world. They produce a wide range of specialist, high specification materials and products and are selling to over 100 countries globally. This division develops and creates a wide range of advanced materials for the rail, mining and energy sectors.
Due to the growth of the business and internal progression, we are now seeking a Divisional FP&A Manager to help deliver insight on business performance that will heavily contribute to enhanced decisions and outcomes at the Executive level. The new person will ensure accurate, on-time financial analysis and forecasting, meeting group and divisional deadlines and the information needs of the organisation. You will have direct and regular contact with the Divisional Finance Director (FD) as well as the Group CFO and the Group CEO.
The role will split up into the following areas:
- Up to forty percent of your time will be dedicated to project work that could also include projects from the Group CFO or divisional FD on a day to day basis.
- Financial Planning & Analysis, standard analysis, forecasting and reporting and reviewing the findings with the Group CFO and divisional FD.
- Supporting and building the strategic plans and budgets for the division and site as well as wholly owning the budgeting process.
- Financial controls, supporting the internal audit process, helping with the review and visiting sites to review.
The role will:
- Drive an effective approach to budgeting, forecasting and reporting which supports the business needs and provides an insightful overview of business performance.
- Drive innovation leading to improvements in analysis and business information provision.
- Model and interpret financial data to support Global strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Lead continuous improvement projects in the finance function. Promote best practice in various areas including cash flow forecasting, month end reporting and pricing calculations.
- Where appropriate, lead a common approach to finance processes and so support efficiencies at the BU level which will include budgets/forecasts and month end reporting.
- Assist the General Manager with “one off” analysis.
- Support the Divisional FD and Group FC with reporting and data requests.
- Support improvement of internal control environment through implementation of group policies, internal control reviews and liaison with Internal Audit.
- Support the implementation of the Morgan responsible business programme.
We are seeking a graduate qualified accountant with an exemplary academic and working track record. You will have ideally worked in another Group or Divisional Commercial Finance role and possess strong inter-personal skills with the ability to work with a diverse team in terms of seniority, function and geography. You will need to be able to build effective relationships with senior finance management and be able to influence and persuade people at all levels of the organisation. Credibility and gravitas will be required to operate at a senior level in the business as will a strong intellect with an ability to rapidly identify key issues. We are looking for a highly intelligent individual with the ability to think through complexity and make difficult decisions and appropriately challenge ways of working widely within the business.
If the role appeals and you would be interested in applying please send your CV and details by clicking on Apply quoting reference LJ49840.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity-backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/