Director of Finance and Resources
This is a truly exciting time to join the Victoria & Albert Museum (V&A) as Director of Finance and Resources. As the world’s leading museum of art, design and performance, the V&A aims to enrich people’s lives by promoting the practice of design and increasing knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of the designed world. Alongside FuturePlan, the V&A’s ambitious development programme, and an internationally respected exhibitions programme, the V&A is focussing on increasing private and commercial funding sources and expanding its international reach as a global catalyst for the UK creative industries.
Based at the V&A in South Kensington, the post-holder will be responsible for the finances of the museum and the leadership of a multi-disciplinary team which make up the Finance and Resources Division. This is a wide remit during a period of unparalleled change and significant expansion, including the recently announced £13.5m plan to redevelop the Museum of Childhood and the development of ‘V&A East’ as part of the East Bank legacy development in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, incorporating the consolidation of the V&A’s entire reserve collection from Blythe House in to a new Collections and Research Centre at Here East.
The successful candidate will need to be a proven Finance Director/CFO/COO or Director of Resources and will likely hold a proven track record of the oversight of other functions (for example IT and Procurement).
- A professionally CCAB qualified accountant
- Extensive staff leadership and management experience with the ability to lead and motivate high-functioning and fast-paced corporate services teams
- A balanced approach, facilitating entrepreneurial thinking whilst at the same time protecting the creative and educational mission of the V&A
- A natural communicator, capable of developing close and effective working relationships with a wide range of non-finance, executive, non-executive and external stakeholders, including the Department of Digital, Culture, Media & Sport
We welcome applicants from commercial and non-commercial backgrounds with an interest in working in the arts and cultural sector.
- Sunday 11th November - Application deadline (CV’s and cover letters to be sent by clicking on Apply)
- Before 14th November - Meeting with Allen Lane
- 22nd/23rd November – Panel interviews with V&A
- 30th November – 2nd stage meetings with V&A
Full information here: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/vam2018
For an informal discussion please contact Michael Quest at Allen Lane by clicking on Apply.