Director of Finance and Resources
4 days left
This is a truly exciting time to join the Victoria & Albert Museum (V&A) as Director of Finance and Resources. As the world’s leading museum of art, design and performance, the V&A aims to enrich people’s lives by promoting the practice of design and increasing knowledge, understanding and enjoyment of the designed world. Alongside FuturePlan, the V&A’s ambitious development programme, and an internationally respected exhibitions programme, the V&A is focussing on increasing private and commercial funding sources and expanding its international reach as a global catalyst for the UK creative industries.
Based at the V&A in South Kensington, the post-holder will be responsible for the finances of the museum and the leadership of a multi-disciplinary team which make up the Finance and Resources Division. This is a wide remit during a period of unparalleled change and significant expansion, including the recently announced £13.5m plan to redevelop the Museum of Childhood and the development of ‘V&A East’ as part of the East Bank legacy development in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, incorporating the consolidation of the V&A’s entire reserve collection from Blythe House in to a new Collections and Research Centre at Here East.
The successful candidate will need to be a proven Finance Director/CFO/COO or Director of Resources and will likely hold a proven track record of the oversight of other functions (for example IT and Procurement).
- A professionally CCAB qualified accountant
- Extensive staff leadership and management experience with the ability to lead and motivate high-functioning and fast-paced corporate services teams
- A balanced approach, facilitating entrepreneurial thinking whilst at the same time protecting the creative and educational mission of the V&A
- A natural communicator, capable of developing close and effective working relationships with a wide range of non-finance, executive, non-executive and external stakeholders, including the Department of Digital, Culture, Media & Sport
We welcome applicants from commercial and non-commercial backgrounds with an interest in working in the arts and cultural sector.
- Sunday 11th November - Application deadline (CV’s and cover letters to be sent by clicking on Apply)
- Before 14th November - Meeting with Allen Lane
- 22nd/23rd November – Panel interviews with V&A
- 30th November – 2nd stage meetings with V&A
Full information here: https://allenlanerecruitment.wixsite.com/vam2018
For an informal discussion please contact Michael Quest at Allen Lane by clicking on Apply.
Apply for Director of Finance and Resources
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly