CFO - PE backed travel/leisure business
Our client is a rapidly growing, multiple award winning travel/leisure business based in the Midlands. With turnover of c£200m this is already a substantial and highly successful business operating internationally in over 50 countries.
The business operates in a highly attractive niche and has extremely high brand recognition in its target demographic. It is backed by a leading European PE house with an excellent track record for value creation in this and other sectors. There is a strong platform for further international growth, organically and potentially via M&A activity.
As the business continues to build on its success to date it is seeking to recruit an experienced, high quality CFO to join and augment the Board to help to drive the growth strategy forward towards a sizeable exit sometime in 2020/21.
The business culture is dynamic and driven by a collaborative/partnership approach. The senior team are very experienced in their sector and highly motivated. You will need to be a highly commercial and strategic thinker, used to working in a fast moving service oriented environment and capable of quickly getting to grips with the key value drivers of the business. A value creation mindset is important and so in this case previous private equity experience is essential, ideally, but not necessarily, including experience of a full exit. The exit could be via a secondary buyout so a desire to be involved over the longer term is beneficial although trade sale and an IPO are also key exit options.
The key attributes being sought are:
- Proven CFO with an extensive background gained in fast moving, service oriented B2C businesses.
- Sector experience from one or more of travel/leisure, retail, branded consumer goods, hospitality, care, digital media - highly desirable.
- Qualified accountant with extensive PQE.
- Experience of working in businesses of a similar size, complexity and growth trajectory.
- Experience of growing a business internationally, ideally in the US.
- Strong powers of commercial analysis and interpretation to ensure the business benefits from “joined up thinking.”
- Experience of complex financial planning and analysis – “what if” scenarios, margin improvement, capacity planning etc.
- An understanding of multichannel marketing and pricing strategies and the measurement and optimisation of customer generation.
- Experience of leading the strategic direction of IT.
- Experience of liaising with high quality PE investors and bank.
- A key strategic partner to the CEO.
- Strong interpersonal skills including high EQ and gravitas to enable effective communication at all levels.
- An experienced manager and team leader with the ability to implement financial best practice.
The Head office is in the West Midlands with excellent road and rail links. Candidates will be expected to live or to relocate to within an hour’s radius which easily takes in most of the West and East Midlands, Manchester and South Yorkshire.
This is a very exciting opportunity with a business that is poised for further profitable growth and looking to maximise shareholder value ahead of a planned exit in around 3 years’ time.
The salary and benefits package will be competitive but with the additional incentive of an attractive equity position.
This position is being handled exclusively by Chief Officers Group on a retained basis. Interested candidates should apply by sending their CV and a covering letter with any relevant additional information and with details of current salary package, quoting reference COG0998.