Project Manager PMP
7 days left
Prestigious Professional Services Firm is currently seeking an IT Project Manager that is PMP certified, and preferably has experience leading SAP/ERP implementions.
Candidate will deliver IT and business projects on schedule and within scope and costs by leveraging project management best practices and expertise, as well as shape best practices to be used by mentoring, reviewing lessons learned and accounting for cultural fit and acceptance.
- Works with global project teams to help define the business opportunity and then leads selection of a solution which encompasses process changes, people and technologies that together address the business opportunity.
- May help in developing a Request For Proposal (RFP) and then evaluates responses and leads the project team to select a solution.
- Responsible for completing assigned project documentation and artifacts as described in the Project Management Body Of Knowledge (PMBOK). Identify and document project constraints, assumptions, risks and resource needs. Establish a communication plan and present milestone review meetings for stakeholders.
- Tracks and communicates project performance which will include key success criteria such as team performance, costs vs. budget, scope, sponsor engagement and quality of deliverables. Conducts a post project review and documents lessons learned.
- Manage assigned projects using project management best practices to ensure a successful project that delivers within cost, schedule and scope. Together with the project sponsor they are fully accountable for the project results.
- Ensures that the portfolio data for responsible projects is accurate and up to date. Will leverage knowledge, experience and resource needs to provide input and agreement on portfolio roadmap changes.
- Initially creates and then maintains documentation to include, but not limited to the risk log, issue log and meeting minutes to identify and detail appropriate mitigation or contingency plans.
- Bachelor's degree or a minimum or solid work experience.
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Previous experience in Project Management methodologies and tools.
- Some experience in IT Project Management
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams
- Knowledge of PMBOK concepts, development of project charter, scope statements, project plans, etc. (PMBOK - Project Management Body of Knowledge - PMI global standard)
- Good understanding of global IT systems and business processes.
- Proven analytical and critical thinking abilities resulting in sound solutions.
- Excellent organizational skills to keep projects on track and meet goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal skills for effective and concise communication. Including ability to listen to others for meaning and intent.
- Fosters communication with others and adapts communication style to account for cultural differences in audience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively lead, motivate, develop, influence and work with other individuals and teams in a positive manner including an understanding of cultural differences.
- Understanding of six sigma Lean principles.
- Proven ability to apply technical knowledge to business issues.
- Computer skills, Microsoft products, project software, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to establish goals, project timelines and plans, prioritize and monitor workload of self and others in order to meet objectives and deliverables.
- Ability to work directly with cross-functional resources setting priorities, and follow up activity to meet project objectives.
- Capability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to remain flexible when changes arise.
- Manages projects in a cost conscious and efficient manner.
- MBA or extensive experience
- GLSS - Lean/Green belt certification
- Experience managing SAP projects
- Experience managing complex global projects
10% Travel Required, both National and International