I am representing a PE-backed retail business who are looking to hire their first permanent Finance Director. This is an exciting time to join a business that is at the beginning of their growth cycle and thus has proven to be extremely profitable. They are seeking an individual that has experience in both ‘bricks and mortar’ retail sites and in growing and developing e-commerce platforms. This role will involve working in close succession with the senior management team – the MD and investors and requires a finance professional that is both technically and commercially astute.
- Setting the financial objectives of the business; budgeting, forecasting, financial planning.
- Presenting to the board; monthly P&L, CF and BS.
- Managing the annual audit process.
- Developing financial systems; tax analysis, planning and structuring.
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Reporting weekly and monthly KPIs.
- Cost centre reporting and control.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- Previous experience of working in a retail/multi-site/e-commerce environment.
- Previous exposure of working for a PE-backed business is advantageous.