Based in St Albans, Hertfordshire, our client is an exciting, growing business looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team.
This job would suit a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) ideally with a practice background, strong technical accounting experience and developed financial reporting skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for timely and accurate internal and external reporting in accordance with both local regulations and US GAAP requirements.
This company is a highly successful international business with a growing number of sites across the UK and significant expansion internationally. The business is a market leader in its industry and is continuing to grow its portfolio into new markets.
The successful individual will be a practice trained Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA) with a strong working knowledge of UK and US GAAP and experience of UK statutory reporting. Experience in working for a US multinational in a similar position would be beneficiate and the candidate should have experience in management of people and processes. A good analytical skill set and a questioning attitude is essential.
Duties will include:
- Collation and review of quarterly reporting packs including fixed asset roll forwards, capex spend reconciliations and inventory disclosures.
- Planning and delivery of statutory accounts for all UK & Ire entities, managing all requirements both upwards and downwards.
- Managing relationship with both external and Internal audit teams
- Ownership of SOX control documentation and compliance.
- Collate and manage the accounting policies ensuring up to date.
- Supporting consolidated UK and Ireland monthly close process.
- Responsibility and support for bank reconciliation and adhoc payment activities performed by reports.
- Responsibility for control processes for Cash & Bank, Fixed Assets and journal & balance sheet sign-off.
- Reconciliations, analysis and commentary generation as required.
- Completion of analytics for central corporate team.
- Participation in close calls with corporate finance to present monthly results and discuss key transactions, variances or exceptional results.
- Generation and/or review of complex transactions such as business combinations, re-capitalisations or restructuring.
- Analysis of the application of accounting standards to changes in the business and/or impact analysis of changes to the applicable accounting standards.
- Supporting the business and wider finance on understanding accounting requirements and processes.
For more information about this role or any other Financial Accountant roles in St Albans, Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability