Senior Applications Management Support Engineer
Senior Applications Management Support Engineer - Applications and how they ride on the infrastructure
Looking for a candidate who will support applications and the infrastructure it rides on top of. This is including password management, release management, 24/7 on call rotational support, 5-7 infrastructure support Unix Linux Firewall authentication, Oracle Fusion SOA OSB BAM JAVA webservices auto system Blade logic Log Monitoring Mainframe MVS datastage informatica
- Provide Level 2 support for production business applications
- Perform job failure analysis and problem symptom analysis
- Support incident and problem management processes
- Conduct Impact analysis for infrastructure and application upgrades
- Maintain knowledge database articles
- Provide application system account support, including password management, release management, and production support
- Perform analysis to resolve application data issues (for a subset of applications)
- Provide production reports on a daily, weekly, monthly or ad hoc basis as required
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation coverage for all supported applications
- Document lessons learned
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent experience
- Typically has 5-7 years of relevant industry experience
- Typically has 5-7+ years of application development or support coupled with infrastructure experience
- Typically has 5-7+ years of collective experience with databases (Sybase, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle) and Security (Firewall, AD, TAM, LDAP, certificate)
- Typically has 5-7+ years of hands on experience with Scripting language: UNIX Shell, Perl, etc.
- Typically has 5-7+ years of strong experience in troubleshooting Unix/Linux, Networks, Firewall, Authentication, Security, DNS
- Typically has 5-7+ years of strong support skills in Middleware technologies (WebLogic, webMethods, Apache, Tomcat, MQ, IIS, etc.) in UNIX/Linux and/or Windows environment.
- Typically has 2+ years of support experience on Oracle Fusion Middleware Stack (SOA/OSB/BAM etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Java, JEE, JSF, JPA, JSP, Web Services, HTML, XML, JDBC, SQL, OOA and OOD Concepts
- Typically has 5-7+ years of hands on experience with job automation tools like Autosys or BladeLogic and monitoring tools like SiteScope, Spectrum, etc.
- Typically has 2+ years of experience on Log monitoring tools like LogLogic, Splunk, etc.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask, and ability to set priorities
- Strong data analysis, decision making, problem solving skills, and able to drive issues to resolution
- detail-oriented, deadline driven, and able to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment