Group Finance Director
Our exclusive client is a successful and diverse Group of businesses led by an experienced serial entrepreneur. The Group has operations in a number of different sectors including Construction Services, Real Estate Investment and Airport Services. Some of the businesses are in growth mode, some in steady state and some in turnaround.
A Group Finance Director is required to partner the Group CEO/owner in managing the Group and driving its performance.
The role will have the following key purposes and responsibilities:
- To partner the Group CEO in the development and delivery of business strategy and the optimisation of commercial performance throughout the Group;
- To provide leadership and excellence in all aspects of the financial management and control of the Group’s businesses with a particular focus on the management of cash throughout the Group;
- Ensure that a robust and achievable turnaround plan and exit strategy is in place for a recently acquired c£20m turnover business.
This is a fascinating role which requires an experienced Finance Director with a broad set of skills and business experiences encompassing commercial acumen, driving change, experience of applying skills in different business sectors and working with a range of stakeholders.
Key attributes required encompass the following:
- A qualified accountant with a track record at Board level in developing and delivering business strategy and performance improvement. A background in corporate finance or business turnaround would be advantageous as would experience of working with entrepreneurs;
- A confident pragmatic character with astute commercial judgement, gravitas and excellent communication skills who makes decisions and gets things done;
- Credibility with a range of stakeholders (including shareholders, banks, Executive Management Teams in Group businesses, auditors and tax advisors), able to provide commercially driven constructive challenge and support while maintaining effective and productive working relationships;
- An innovative thinker with the ability to think outside the box and contribute effectively to the bigger picture while keeping hands on the detail;
- A sound awareness of tax matters.