Group Finance Director
6 days left
- Fantastic career opportunity for a Group FD with a US Company background
- Somerset based - exciting opportunity in a fast growing and acquisitive Group
About Our Client
AmerisourceBergen Animal Health UK is a c.£300m turnover group of UK companies spread across a multitude of sites with its head office based in Castle Cary in Somerset.
The group operates in the UK Veterinary market with it's principal activities centred around Wholesale Distribution. The business has grown significantly in recent years both organically and via acquisition with future growth strategy planned and aligned in both areas.
The UK Veterinary sector has received significant external investment in recent years and as it continues to grow and consolidate, there is significant opportunity for businesses willing to invest and take opportunities. AmerisourceBergen Animal Health UK is extremely well placed within this market framework and is planning for further significant transformation.
The Group Finance Director vacancy for AmerisourceBergen Animal Health UK represents a hugely exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven individual with a broad and likely large US company background.
The primary duties and responsibilities for the Group Finance Director include:
- Develops the Strategic Operating Plan, Annual Operating Plans/Budgeting/Forecasts for all activities related to Animal Health UK, including analytical financial processes
- Responsible for all aspects of Animal Health UK finance including establishing internal controls, policies and procedures, and staff development as well as the preparation and reporting of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Responsible for analysing and appraising Animal Health UK operating results in terms of cost, budget, standard operating procedures, trends and increased profit possibilities
- Assesses Animal Health UK financial performance and issues periodic performance reports to AmerisourceBergen Animal Health, US
- Delivers specific recommendations on financial improvement programs, which will result in growth, cost reduction and profit improvement
- Directs and coordinates the fiscal year planning process in order to establish annual and long range budgets and forecasts for Animal Health UK
- Provides financial leadership, expertise and support through due diligence, purchase accounting and financial integration of current and future acquisitions. Sponsors programs and process improvements to continually enhance the precision of financial forecasting and estimation
- The Group Finance Director will manage Finance, HR and Payroll teams.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate must have:
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) and hold a significant University Degree.
- Significant post qualification experience with progressive increase in responsibilities throughout their career - ultimately having been rewarded with a significant FD position in the recent past
- Demonstrable International finance expertise, ideally having worked for the UK division of a US owned Group
- Demonstrated project management/program management skills in previous FD roles
- Experience of having worked for an international wholesale business would be preferred
What's on Offer
A highly competitive and significant remuneration package including extensive benefits.
Ref Code: MPFE13956820Z
Apply for Group Finance Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly