Finance Director - Germany
- A broad Country FD role for a US multi-national
- Flexible location in Germany with travel between sites
About Our Client
Multi Packaging Solutions (MPS) is a leading international group that specialises in packaging solutions for branded and healthcare markets. The business is run on a number of guiding principles: to provide products and services that surpass customer expectations, to differentiate the company in the marketplace and to foster opportunities for employees. MPS's German business generates €160million revenue across 4 manufacturing sites in 3 locations: Obersulm, Düren and Melle.
MPS is part of Westrock, a US listed global market leader in added value packaging solutions. Westrock has sales of $16billion and employs 45,000 people across 300 sites.
You will report into the Financial Controller - Europe and the German Managing Director and be part of the senior leadership team at MPS Germany.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring accurate and timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial information
- Managing daily finance operations and leading a team of finance professionals to ensure a high level of controls is maintained
- Providing financial and commercial support to the management team on estimating, contracts, pricing and other commercial matters
- Managing the budgeting and forecasting process
- Monitoring and managing working capital to ensure cash generation targets are met
- Providing financial appraisals of potential capital investments
This is a critical hire for MPS. It offers the chance to play a key part in the ongoing growth and success of the business in Europe.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a graduate calibre qualified accountant with a successful track record in senior leadership roles in manufacturing. Technically you will have a thorough understanding of internal controls and working knowledge of IFRS and USGAAP. Allied to this you will have a good understanding of costing. Experience of working on continental Europe (ideally Germany) is critical and German language skills would be advantageous. Strong stakeholder management skills are a must, as is the ability to combine strategic thinking with a willingness, when needed, to be hands on. Due to the fast paced nature of the business you must be able to deal with ambiguity and operate at pace. In addition to this, you will be a business leader capable of building and inspiring a high achieving team and influencing at all levels.
What's on Offer
Six figure basic + car, bonus, pension & private healthcare. Relocation support will also be available if needed.
Ref Code: MPFE1395997Z