Commercial Finance Manager - Transport
5 days left
- Commercial Finance Manager - supporting the transport network
- An exciting opportunity to join a fast growing entrepreneurial business
About Our Client
Our client is a leading UK logistics retail solutions provider operating across digital fulfilment and retail logistics including a fleet of over 300 vehicles. This entrepreneurial fast growth SME prides itself on a unique offering to its customers and is unrivalled in agility and capability.
Principal Accountabilities include:
Ensure that all contract management reporting is produced in a timely and accurate manner to customer agreed timetables in agreed format
- Compilation and preparation of periodic budgets and forecasts for contract(s) and internal
- Active contribution to customer relationship through weekly and ad hoc review meetings
- Ensure internal weekly, monthly and annual management reporting is produced in a timely and accurate manner with variance and bridge analysis provided as required
- Provide support to the operation, General / Transport Manager and wider business on all financial and allied operational matters relating to the contract(s) operations and development including active engagement with operational teams
- Provide support, development and leadership to ensure the maintenance of the control environment and the improvement of financial and operational practices
- Support Group initiatives as requested
- Maintain a safe working environment in compliance with all HSE directives
- Ad Hoc Tasks and projects as reasonably required by Management Teams
Performance Measures - KPIs
- Ensure all internal and customer reporting deadlines are met as agreed
- Maintain control and authorisation mechanisms to ensure compliance to internal and external audit
- Ensure any direct reports receive a timely PDR and associated training plan as necessary
The Successful Applicant
What are we looking for:
We are looking for a commercially focused Finance Manager with a proven track record in a similar finance business partnering role, ideally with experience of transport operations.
You will be comfortable interfacing with site, General, Contract and Transport Managers and Operations Directors. You will promote continuous improvements offering best in class finance support to the business.
You will be hands on but must have the ability to support Directors and business partner operations teams, offering your strategic and commercial acumen. The right candidate will be able to adjust to changing circumstances or demands of the business, an agile thinker who can be reactive and deal with high levels of pressure, making critical decisions and support ad hoc information requirements & project initiatives to ensure operational effectiveness. A strong team player, you will be comfortable working with people at all levels both strategic and operationally.
Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are essential. You will be a self-starter, proactive and have a good attention to detail showing logical decision making. The role would suit a dynamic, resilient candidate who can influence others and lead from the front.
Whilst the role is predominantly based from the Leeds site, it will require some travel due to the multi-site nature of the business.
What's on Offer
Offer: £50,000-£60,000 + Car + Additional Benefits
Ref Code: MPFE13959381Z
Apply for Commercial Finance Manager - Transport
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly