5 days left
- Opportunity to take on a line management position
- Broad & varied role
About Our Client
My client is a specialist accountancy firm, privately owned and based in the City of London. My client has expertise with SMEs & HNWIs with over 50 years in the market.
The Financial Controller will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for the following:
- Maintaining the accounting records of the Group and for presenting management accounts to the CEO on a timely basis, as well as budgets, forecasts and keeping an accurate cash-flow forecast covering the next 12 months.
- Posting of purchase invoices is carried out by an independent third party but the FC will be responsible for checking the accuracy of the accounting treatment and maintaining records of accruals and prepayments etc. Fee invoices are raised by individual partners and their assistants.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of the WIP ledger (timesheets are posted by the individuals and fees / disbursements billed are posted by the partners and their assistants).
- Ensuring the adequacy of the bad debt provision.
- Maintenance of the ledger (purchase invoices are posted by an independent third party.)
- Carrying out regular review of the ledger and investigation of all debit balances.
- Ensuring the purchase ledger postings are up to date and that the aged creditors listing can be used as the basis for a cash-flow forecast.
- Preparing payment proposals in line with the cash forecast.
- Authorising bank transfers.
- Preparation of all bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the general ledger and all management information extracted from it. Postings other than journals are carried out by an independent third party and need to be verified.
- Responsible for payroll which is prepared and submitted by an independent third party. Payroll amendment sheets are prepared by the HR Manager and approved by the CEO.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of the management accounts to the CEO within 10 working days of the end of the month.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal applicant will suit either an experienced Financial Controller/Manager or someone stepping up into the role.
Specific requirements include:
- Professional finance qualification - either ACA/ACCA or CIMA
- Strong management accounts experience is essential
- Experience within the Professional Services highly desirable
- Experience maintaining a WIP ledger desirable
- Strong level of initiative
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive a competitive basic salary up to £55,000 depending on experience as well as 23 days holiday + birthday off, private pension facility, private healthcare & membership of a discretionary bonus scheme.
Ref Code: MPFE13962796Z
Apply for Financial Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly