I am currently looking to speak to interested candidates regarding an exciting Product Manager position for a leading European manufacturing business based in Wolverhampton.
My clients are a leading European manufacturing business based in Wolverhampton who are looking to recruit for an experienced Product Manager.
Reporting in to the Head of Product Management, the Product Manager will:
- Provide thorough market analysis of all relevant markets: knowledge of customer requirements and competitor products
- Relevant markets: currently the UK, France, South-East Europe, South-Europe, China, GCC
- Define the product range in terms of depth and width, and price positioning
- Elaboration of a product-specific USP's, differentiation against competition, etc
- Product specification in terms of functionality, quality, material, design, packaging, purchase price and manufacturing costs
- Responsibility for 3 technical employees (PM support)
- Supervision of all procurement activities in order to ensure appropriate product quality and successful results
- Elaboration of marketing concepts for product launches including the definition of the requirements for Advertising regarding print materials, internet presence, packaging design and POP material
- Support for successful marketing of our products and assistance in the customer support on an international level
- Securing appropriate suppliers in cooperation with Procurement
- Target-oriented work methods taking all issues and requests (logistical and customers, technical standards and legal requirements) into consideration
The successful candidate will have an extensive Product Management or Product Marketing background and will be able to demonstrate their ability to continually take new products to market whilst being able to develop and manage a high performing technical product team.
- Ideally a graduate from a business administration or marketing background with a strong orientation toward technical products, or a technical education combined with an economic approach, in particular marketing
- Superior communication skills, self-confidence and reliability
- Excellent proficiency in English, some knowledge of German is appreciated
- Awareness of cultural differences and willingness to travel
- Entrepreneurial approach, willingness to take on responsibility
- Autonomous work organisation
- Analytical and strategic skills
- Knowledge of the current marketing strategies and marketing instruments
- High level of commitment, motivation, flexibility, creativity, integration skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams