Interim Director of Finance
Day Rate: £900 per day (Insider of IR35)
Target Start Date: Nov 18
Term: 3 months+
Central Government Department.
Background of Assignment:
The Director General of a Central Government Department requires an experienced Director of Finance to support them through a transition period and deliver a challenging financial year-end.
- Support the Director General, who is also a qualified accountant and is ultimately the Department's board level CFO.
- Take ownership of the finance team c.25, which is currently being supported by additional interim managers and contractors.
- Ensure the plans for the financial year-end are finalised and the perform a full review of their 9 month / 3rd quarter close.
- Install much-needed principles of core financial control, governance and process, to the Department.
- Liaise with the Audit Committee and ensure that their requests are satisfactorily met.
Candidates will need to be an experienced Finance Director / Director of Finance from a Central Government and or major public sector body/regulator background - time also spent in the private sector would be advantageous. Given the technical requirements of the role, which will be focused on financial control, governance and process, candidates will ideally come from an ACA/Audit background and developed a strong technical/financial reporting outside of practice. Candidates will also need to demonstrate their track record of managing a finance team of similar size, understands the challenges attached to an organisation going through change and has direct experience of working with an experienced Audit Committee.
For more information, please contact Will Nash