Procurement Project Manager
3 days left
This fantastic procurement opportunity to be part of one of the world's leading aerospace businesses. This project procurement role will essential for the business going forward and the individual will play an integral part of the success of the business moving forward. You must have a strong background buying for a technical business and exceptional people skills.
Based near Luton, our client is one of the world leading manufacturing businesses within the aerospace sector and produce some of the most well known products within their industry. They have a strong work culture and enable their staff to have a clear career path ahead of them.
The Project Procurement Manager is responsible for delivery of the a project activities from a procurement perspective, working closely with a range of stakeholders and enabling cost savings.
Some accountabilities will include but not limited to:
- Review project proposal or plan and provides input where applicable for pricing and purchasing strategy
- Develop key relationship with Commodity Managers, Buyers, Suppliers, and other necessary parties to ensure that project is on time and to the highest quality
- Help develop the strategy from procurement's perceptive for all on going projects
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and negotiate price reductions
- Develop key long term relationships with suppliers
- Works directly with Sales Programme teams to support all Purchasing-related Programme needs including ensuring accurate data is being sent to buyers for correct PO placement requirements (i.e. contractual items, approved sources)
- Identify supply chain risks and develop strategy to minimize impact
Skills and experience:
- Strong ability to build relationships with all stakeholders internally and externally.
- Proven significant experience in procurement within an aerospace, engineering or technical environment
- Experience managing simultaneous projects and ensuring on time delivery.
- Good experience with SAP, MRP or ERP
- Very analytical
- Knowledge of inventory management processes and philosophies, including MRP & Just in Time
- CIPS (and degree)
£55,000 to £60,000 + benefits + 25 days holiday