Head of Finance
I am currently working with a private equity-backed, multisite leisure business who is seeking a Head of Finance on a permanent basis. This role has excellent exposure to working with the board, including the investors, and will play a key part in supporting the business's strategy for expansion.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate reporting, owning the 3-5 year strategic plan and business partnering with Site Managers to improve their understanding of performance and KPI’s.
- Manage and develop all internal and external financial and management reporting for the Group.
- Lead a high-performance finance function, enabling the team to support key business decisions with "first class" financial data.
- Provide detailed financial planning for the future growth.
- Maintain the highest standards of compliance and financial control.
- Accountable for financial matters which includes but is not limited to Accounting, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Financial Analytics, Taxes, Internal Audit and Management Reporting.
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to ensure that results are reported appropriately and on a timely basis.
- Month end reporting of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow and managing the monthly business review process through to stakeholders including the bank.
- Business planning through the Annual Budget, monthly reforecast process and weekly cash flow process.
- Managing the year end statutory accounts and audit including external advisers such as auditors and legal representative.
- Weekly sales reporting and commercial analysis.
- Business partner to Operations, Marketing and central support services.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA ETC)
- Previous management of a full finance function in a multi-site environment for a customer facing business.
- Demonstrable experience of team management and development.
- Ownership and development of a control’s environment in a cash-based business.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills including power point and excel.
- Multi-site (Leisure, hospitality, retail).
- Experience of using NetSuite, development of reporting and forecasting software e.g. adaptive insights.