Head of Estates Services
3 days left
Head of Estates Services required to head up the strategic growth and development of this crucial function for a leading HA. This role will encompass managing three regions which deliver estates services across 40,000 properties and the surrounding green spaces.
A leading and forward thinking social housing landlord with an exceptional track record in providing the market-leading homes and communities to circa 100,000 customers.
The Head of Estate Services will effectively lead all services relating to the delivery of a high performing Estate Management for the Organisation.
They will also form a key part of the wider Property Services Management Team and work collaboratively, both across the team and Organisation to ensure Estates services is a fully integrated service.
Other responsibilities to include:
- As a member of the wider Operations Management Team, to actively contribute to the formulation and implementation of the strategic direction and objectives for the service, including financial planning, risk and performance monitoring.
- Contribute to the organisation's strategic growth and development agenda for the service and ensure that new development projects meet customer requirements from handover into management.
- Lead the development, production and effective delivery of strategic and operational plans for the Estate services designed to ensure continuous improvement and sustainability of the service.
- Undertake strategic risk analysis of all service activities, and ensure that effective risk control and audit measures are in place.
- Promote the culture and implementation of Customer First, quality, excellence, value-for-money, effectiveness, continuous improvement and achievement in respect of all staff and across all activities.
- Ensure services are delivered within a robust control environment, ensuring compliance with policy and procedures, regulatory standards and the organisations standing orders.
- To ensure the team improve performance and service delivery standards in order to deliver a customer focused service plan which exceeds the expectations of customers and delivers a highly cost effective business model.
- Responsible for financial planning, setting budgets and monitoring spend for the team and actively seek to find and implement efficiencies.
- Have overall responsibility for the process improvement projects within the team. Ensure that project management is carried out in a timely manner and key targets are delivered on time and within budget.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience. (Please note that a background in estates and horticulture is not a pre-requisite):
- Relevant property or Horticulture degree required
- Professional membership - Institute of Horticulture, Landscape Institute, RISC
- H&S qualification, IOSH or equivalent, CSCS
- Experience of supervising and managing a large and dispersed team
- Ability to influence and communicate at all levels
- Experience of contract procurement, contractor selection and management
- Significant experience of managing a high value budget, including budget setting, budget monitoring and control
- Able to use recognised software packages such as MS Office alongside bespoke housing management systems
- Able and willing to travel to meet the requirements of the role
- High level of literacy and numeracy, with strong analytical skills
- Able to plan, organise work and delegate effectively to achieve deadlines
- Able to think creatively and identify solutions to problems
Excellent salary and package details