Chief Information Officer
7 days left
A senior, customer-focused IT / Informatics leader is needed to take ownership of the IT, Information and Clinical Systems landscape for this vitally important NHS Trust. The organisation aims to provide safe, reliable and continuously improving healthcare outcomes for its patients. Its ability to effectively and intelligently use its data, information and technology assets will be key to delivering this outcome.
East & North Herts NHS Trust is based across five main sites. It serves over 600,000 patients annually and has more than 5,000 staff. This is a complex and demanding environment. The Trust needs a strategic senior technology leader to take ownership of the future direction for technology and information at organisation. The aim of this role will be to deliver a step-change in the credibility of information and technology systems, to enable the effective use of analytics and to embed evidence based decision making across the Trust.
With complete responsibility for IT and Information you will evolve the technology landscape and deliver a robust, reliable usable technology stack. You will also drive senior stakeholder engagement, both within the Trust and, across the local health economy. The CIO will lead a department of over 130 staff and manage a multi-million pound annual budget.
- Take complete accountability for successful delivery of current and future IT & technology solutions. Devise a progressive IT and informatics strategy which will deliver a step-change in the sophistication and reliability of the Trust’s information and technology offering.
- As the senior leader for Information and IT at the Trust, act as ambassador and build relationships with senior stakeholders and the leadership team both across the organisation and externally. Ensure the Trust takes a leading role in driving the technology aspects of the local health economy.
- Provide strong functional leadership to the IT & Information Management teams building confidence, capability and maturing process. Build a team culture which is user-focused, makes the IT and Information teams easy to engage with and earns a reputation for reliable, outstanding delivery.
- A highly impactful, director level IT, Informatics or Healthcare IT leader possessing the engagement, communication and relationship building skills to allow you to work at the strategic level of an organisation. You will have held senior level responsibility in a significant IT function and have the credibility to relate to board level organisational and clinical stakeholders.
- A proven leader of technology resource, with highly developed people skills, you will demonstrate the ability to build a compelling future vision, to enthuse your teams and to bring that vision to life.
- You will demonstrate a track record of significant, mission-critical IT/Business systems refresh and stabilisation. This should preferably include driving the introduction and adoption of analytics tool and techniques across an organization.
Submit your CV in confidence by following this link to learn much more about this fantastic opportunity – www.odgers.com/64831
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Odgers Berndtson; Alex Richardson on 0161 498 3409, or Luke Victor on 0207 529 3072.