IPO Advisor - To £1.5k Per Day - Global Social Media Group
This is a varied and challenging role for an IPO specialist to support the CEO, CFO and the Board of Directors of a global social media business in the development and successful implementation of a strategic event over the next c12-15 months. The primary purpose of this position is to maximise shareholder value, with the scope to do so broad - options include IPO, investment, strategic acquisition etc.
- Act as the "proposer of choices" in financial investment and exit strategies including IPO, M&A, execution of matter, plan of improvement of corporate value etc.
- Identify, hire and manage external advisors to support IPO readiness.
- Ahead of an "event", hire the banks, build the management presentation and lead the roadshows.
- Be the main point of contact and coordinate between all external advisors and internal stakeholders responsible for managing communication between a company's corporate management and its investors.
- Ensuring the company is appropriately and strategically positioned with analysts, investors, and all stakeholders.
- Develop investor confidence and belief in the company's vision and strategy for delivering shareholder value
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the capital markets, as well as a thorough understanding of key metrics for companies in the industry
- Use complex financial models to project future earnings and profit potential and use this data to inform decisions and proposals.
- Evaluate and review the various options with the CEO, CFO and subsequently support the business through the direction that is agreed.
- Enhance and develop a high-level network of contacts across the relevant corporate finance institutions, Investment banks, growth PE and VC and where appropriate with possible/appropriate strategic partners
Required Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to articulate an investment outlook
- Proven IPO experience, strong understanding of SEC laws and securities disclosure requirements, as well as filing requirements
- Experience structuring and negotiating complex transactions
- Ideally experience of working with early-stage businesses in TMT (ideally digital)
- In-depth knowledge of the digital ecosystem, and part of the community
- Established financial sponsor network with the ability to originate and commercialise this network
- Strong academic qualifications (degree in Business, Economics, Finance) ideally with an MBA in business strategy or with a finance speciality
- Relishes a fast-paced and driven environment
- A visionary high potential with the ability to influence and coach, comfortable with strategy but also with stakeholder management in a very hands-on environment
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Robert Walters.