Leading UK Charity - IT Programme Manager
IT Programme Management for a leading Charity within the UK
One of the UK's leading Charities
- To develop the IT Team's project delivery capability, including responsibilities for development of policies, methods, processes, documentation, templates and other tools in the light of best practice and in relation to Project Management appropriate to the needs of the Company and in line with the Company's PMO standards.
- Managerial responsibility for the IT project programme delivery in line with budget, timescale and quality criteria and underpinning the Company's Strategy.
- To monitor IT projects for compliance with current internal Project Management best practice and the identified project quality criteria, including specification, timescale and budget.
- To develop, articulate and make recommendations to senior boards and committees in the management of IT programme risks, issues and dependencies.
- To work with the the Company's PMO to ensure the continuous improvement of project management in the Company.
Team Management and Leadership:
- Provide clear objectives for the team and staff individually
- Manage team members, including appraisals and day-to-day management
- Ensures all team members have a development plan in place
- Provides coaching and mentoring to staff
- Recruitment of new staff as required
- Leads staff in terms of behaviours, commitment and methods, consistent with the Vision for the IT Department and the Company's Values
- Responsibilities extend to the management of contract resources brought in to deliver specific deliverables
- Working independently with minimal supervision, within industry standards and budgetary limits
- Previous experience within the Non-For-Profit sector (Ideally Charities)
- Experience working with Small - Large portfolios
- Degree or equivalent
- A-level standard qualifications and GCSE English Language and Maths
- Recognised project management qualification
- PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- LEAN methods
Competitive salary between £55,000 - £65,000 + Great Company Benefits