All-encompassing role across within the Regional Technical team with a focus across Design & Planning and Architectural Technology, ensure information produced is accurate and received within desired time frames.
UK leading house builder operating on a regional model. Within the technical team, work is mixture of production in-house and utilising external consultants. This role sits within one of their newest regions, which was a strategic move to ensure measured and sustainable growth, without compromising quality.
As a business, they are receptive to change and ideas in order to put quality and their customer's first - whether they be their own employees or more directly home buyers. Refreshingly they have moved away from a cost-centric attitude and are now focused on looking at what value can be added and its positive impact.
The role is an out and out coordinator role where you will have 3 or 4 of your own sites, and run with them from planning through building technology phase and on to site, where you will be ensuring quality of build and resolving issues as they arise. You will primarily be coordinating between internal and external stakeholders in order to receive necessary approvals and permissions to move a scheme forward to start on site, and throughout the build.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Appoint, brief, challenge and assist all necessary consultants in their delivery of design planning and building technology information for tendering and building purposes in a timely and coordinated manor
- Help prepare and maintain project tracking schedules and regularly update & report to the relevant manager on progress against agreed design delivery programs that meet the Company's project procurement requirements leading up to and including pre-tender handover to the Commercial Department
- Submit all necessary material to statutory authorities to discharge planning conditions; NHBC conditions
- Chair/Present Pre-Tender Meetings and attend & contribute to Site Progress Meetings
- Coordinate the communication and distribution of design drawings and specifications to the wider business as a matter of priority using the relevant document management procedures
- Liaise with/communicate to the rest of the business the roles and responsibilities of those directly responsible for the delivery of other obligations. e.g S106 payments and obligations
- Issue, monitor and record all of the above in line with company procedure
- Provide technical back up and advice to all other departments where needed
You will either be an Architect or Technician/Technologist with experience working with a house builder, either directly for a house builder or with a practice specialising in residential design. You will have a broad knowledge of pre-construction processes in order to move a development forward from sketch feasibility through to start on site. Key areas of knowledge include:
- NHBCs and Building Regulations
- Planning processes
- Understanding of engineering processes
- AutoCAD and Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook)
You will be working with various stakeholders both internal and external and as such clear communication is vital.
You must have a driving license.
Competitive remuneration commensurate with the market, with the package to include car/car allowance, bonus, private healthcare amongst other benefits.