Graduate Investment Analyst - PGIM Fixed Income
- Asset Management graduate opportunities for outstanding 2019 graduates
- Joining a renowned global firm with $717bn AUM
About Our Client
PGIM Fixed Income is a global fixed income asset manager with $717bn assets under management as of March 31, 2018, making it one of the largest fixed income managers in the world. The group has a long history in the fixed income markets having started managing fixed income portfolios for its proprietary accounts in 1875 and accounts for institutional clients in 1928. The group is headquartered in Newark, NJ, with affiliated offices in London, Tokyo and Singapore. PGIM Fixed Income manages $59.8bn for 65 EMEA based clients. In Europe, the firm manages 11 CLOs, making it one of the largest managers of European CLOs in the market.
PGIM Fixed Income stands out for the stability and consistency of its investment processes, investment and research teams and its track records. In concert with its internal stability, PGIM Fixed Income also enjoys a high level of client loyalty and a redemption ratio that is far below industry standard. This also holds for its client book in the UK, which includes some of the country's most prestigious institutions.
The successful candidate will be part of a growing and exciting team that is an integrated part of a large and global fixed income business. They will work closely with senior members of the team and will learn & develop exceptional financial modelling, analytical and investment analysis skills, negotiation & presentation skills and will have exposure to the European and high yield bond and leverage loan markets.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Strong academic background. Minimum of 2:1 degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 128 UCAS points or equivalent (from top 3 A levels, excluding General Studies)
- Highly numerate
- Has a genuine interest in investments and financial markets
- Is a strong team player who is inquisitive, self-motivated and industrious
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Has strong written and oral communication skills
- Enjoys working closely with other people
- Is detail oriented, able to set priorities and complete simultaneous projects
- Has strong analytical skills and enjoys thinking about and solving complex issues
- Possesses strong quantitative skills, with the ability to easily use spreadsheets and models
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality of work
- Computer proficiency with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to learn new and proprietary applications
- Candidates who have completed internships or work experience will be viewed favourably.
What's on Offer
PGIM Fixed Income offers the following:
- An excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and intelligent graduate to become part of a successful and expanding team.
- A stimulating and challenging career for the successful candidate.
- The opportunity to work in a professional, collaborative and enjoyable environment - we know that the best investment decisions will be generated by using the intellect and skills of a complete team.
- Structured training as well as extensive training on the job, with early responsibility and the freedom to develop your skills
- The encouragement and support to pursue a CFA qualification.
- A competitive salary and performance-related bonus.
- A competitive benefits package that includes private medical insurance and a company defined contribution pension scheme.
Ref Code: MPFE190075Z