Finance Director:- Our client in Essex / East London is at the forefront of its sector, experiencing consistent year on year growth. It is a long established profitable £15m family/owner-managed B2B sales and manufacturing business, with a healthy blue chip client base, strong recent investment and a strong balance sheet. Due to the impending retirement of the current incumbent, the Managing Director is looking to recruit a new Finance Director. Relevant sector experience is not essential although would be useful. The role will include:-
- Develop stringent cost accounting across the business to provide business intelligence for sales and manufacturing decisions aiding and enhancing company productivity and margin.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Ensure that the company's IT systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth, enhancing and implementing as appropriate
- Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties, including customers and advisors.
- Provide leadership to the Board's Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company's financial performance and strategic position.
- Take overall control of the company's accounting and company secretarial functions, managing and developing a team of 5 staff in accounts.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met and the company is meeting its fiduciary obligations.
An experienced Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA/ACMA) is required (previously Financial Controller or Finance Director) with a record of progression and achievement in his/her career to date. Experience in owner-managed SMEs would be a distinct advantage. The ability to demonstrate strong commercial acumen and operate at a strategic level is key, with an awareness to challenge the status quo across the business. Strong IT skills are essential, constantly seeking ways to implement effective change. Needless to say for this Finance Director role, strong technical, statutory and governance skills are necessary, with a high level of integrity. A personable and pragmatic approach is essential in an owner-managed business.