Director of Technology
3 days left
- Established advanced materials engineering business
- Ambitious growth plans
About Our Client
Wall Colmonoy based on the outskirts of Swansea, is a leading global materials engineering group of companies engaged in the manufacturing of hard surfacing and brazing powdered alloys, castings, and precision engineered components across automotive, glass container, oil & gas, steel, mining, aerospace, energy and other industrial sectors.
As Director of Technology your responsibilities will include but not limited to new product research & development, product improvement and optimisation, new process technology, supporting operations and sales functions.
Duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Define & execute a Technology Strategy Road Map that will provide the platform from which to develop and introduce new products, optimise existing products and introduce new technologies to the business. A focused strategy to open up and enter new markets that are aligned with the overall business strategy of profitable growth.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Technical function, develop new technical practises and standards. Drive technical leadership in the field of advanced materials manufacturing.
- Conduct market research into new technologies that align with Wall Colmonoy's ambitions for growth, prepare business cases for investment in new technologies.
- Conduct market research on new products that the Wall Colmonoy could develop and adopt into its portfolio. Prepare business cases for new product development.
- Engage and align Wall Colmonoy with technical institutions that can support with technology advancements, product development and growth plans.
- Identify and engage with government sponsored R&D and Technology initiatives and pursue opportunities to partner with other organisations (ie. Knowledge transfer partnerships/networks alike). Leverage government funding opportunities to benefit of Wall Colmonoy.
- Manage and optimise the HMRC R&D Tax credits process.
- Provide technology leadership, operational process support and technical product support to the Business Units, working closely with the Operations team.
- Provide Technical support and leadership to the WCL Key Account Sales Managers and Customer Service team in support of sales development, working closely with the Commercial Director and his commercial team.
- Ensure effective support to operations, integrate the technical team and develop cross functional strength.
- Liaise directly with customers on Sales and Technical enquiries, develop relationships at senior technical level in customer organisations.
- Performance will be measured against agreed KPI's.
- Provide support and input to company marketing strategies and promotional initiatives.
The Successful Applicant
As Director of Technology your skills and experience should include:
- Degree qualification, in Metallurgy, Materials Science or Mechanical Engineering
- Post Graduate metallurgical or business qualification highly desirable
- Strategic vision with the ability to explore market opportunities to develop strong growth
- Ability to develop a technology strategy and lead in a technically complex environment
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to get people on side and buy into into new ideas
- Your technical and operational knowledge would have been gained in a metal processing business - Powder Atomization, Additive Manufacturing, Sand, Investment and Centrifugal Casting
- Highly desirable experience gained working with Nickel, Cobalt, Stainless Steel and other exotic alloys
- Excellent working knowledge of Powder Atomization, Cast And Machined Alloy Components within any of the Steel, Oil & Gas, Power, Glass, Food, Automotive And Aerospace Markets
- Strong business and commercial acumen with sound business instincts and initiative
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with internal colleagues and international customers
- A Change Agent contributing to major culture change taking place in a traditional environment, engendering a "can do will do attitude", focused on "managing the basics", aspiring for "excellence" and focused on "time to market".
What's on Offer
Excellent executive package.
Ref Code: MPFE13930984Z
Apply for Director of Technology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly